Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Power Steering Line Question

Post Thanks / Like

Power Steering Line Question

I am trying to install my power steering lines. They are the ones supplied with the FFR kit going onto the power steering unit supplied as an option on the FFR kit. The high pressure line fittings thread into the pump and the cylinder fine and I have tightened them as much as I dare to but the hose ends still seem to be loose. They will swivel and move in and out slightly in the socket. Obviously this is not good but I do not know what I am doing wrong and why the will not seat. Any ideas?
    MK4 - complete kit - Blueprint 427W - Holly Sniper EFI - TKO 600 .64 - 3.55 3 link - 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps O-ring's, or sealing washers are needed, that may be in a separate package?

Post Thanks / Like
    Good thought. I went and checked, no package, but there were O rings on the shipping plugs so I tried that, no change. Those go on the nut but it looks like the seal is made on the hose end itself and the nut is not going in far enough for the hose end to contact the seat.
    MK4 - complete kit - Blueprint 427W - Holly Sniper EFI - TKO 600 .64 - 3.55 3 link - 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    Just talked to Dan at FF. He says that they are supposed to be loose like that and that they will seal when pressurized. Can anyone else confirm that their hose fittings are loose when installed correctly?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not connected mine yet but have read other posts saying that the hoses are loose until pressurized.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BB767 View Post
    Just talked to Dan at FF. He says that they are supposed to be loose like that and that they will seal when pressurized. Can anyone else confirm that their hose fittings are loose when installed correctly?
    Im not sure if i am interpreting correctly what you are describing, but yes the head will be able to swivel around some. Do on mine anyways and have never leaked.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BB767 View Post
    Yes thats is the way they are supposed to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great, thank you all for the comments! It really does not seem right but now I will not worry about it......... At least until the first start!