Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: NewB in Chicago Burbs looking for help

Post Thanks / Like

NewB in Chicago Burbs looking for help

Hi All! I'm new to the forum and am in the planning phase of ordering a 33 Hot Rod from FFR. I will likely also sign up for the build class in February and complete before finalizing my order. I would love to bounce ideas off someone that has gone through this before or help by pointing me in the right direction... I hope the build class will answer most of my questions, but it would be great to find another Hot Rod builder in the area and see other projects and ideas... Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lake Living,

I too am in the Chicago Suburbs. New to the forum and I'm attending the build school in March. Going to build a roadster though. Any help I might be able to give would love to. I may need the favor back.

Your name, Lake Living, by chance are you up in the Fox Lake area?

ILPBFoot

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ILPBFoot,

I used to spend a lot of time on the chain in the 1990's. Now we keep our boat on a small lake in North East Indiana... I'm down in Darien.

Have you come up with a build/wish list for your roadster? I was torn between the roadster and the hot rod but I finally, settle on the hot rod because its a little bigger and I see fewer of them. I love the idea of the Blueprint 427 in the hot rod, (also my choice for the roadster) but struggling to find detailed info on this being done and any challenges with electric power steering or other fit issues...

I want to put in power breaks as well and found kit already...http://www.whitbymotorsports.com/UIn...ventoryid=1608

As for the build school, I'll let you know my impression when done. I plan to take a ton of video to help with my build as I'll be starting with the stage 1 kit.

Lake Living