BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coyote Engine Harness Ideas

Post Thanks / Like

Coyote Engine Harness Ideas

Hey ya'll,
    I am just trying to get some ideas on where to mount the computer and the "Black Box". Looking at what it says in the manual is not a problem, and I can do it that way, but before I get started mounting stuff I would like to get some ideas on how others have done it and their experience. The mounting is not really a big issue in my mind but the running of the harness seems limited and in the way of the belts for A/C compressor and such. Any inspiration before I get started would be helpful, Pictures are great. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    I mounted the computer under the oil pan with the FFR bracket and I ran the harness on the out side of the FFR alternator bracket to keep it from the a/c belt. I also made a quick release bracket for the "black box" on the left side of the heater box under the center of the dash. I was concerned if you bolt it into a location that you cant access later and you blow a fuse how do you replace it?
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a pic of my computer mounted inside. All of your harnesses will have to be modified4E8607B7-57CE-4F08-BAA9-E4DF7320FF85.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ll get more pictures to you tonight of the completed harness mods if you would like. You will have to shorten about 2 feet off the engine harness and about 1 1/2 foot off the body harness. I don’t trust a pcm hanging out front on the bottom open to all of the elements. Weather pac connectors do leak water. Do it once and do it right.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes please do send more info and pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to see how you mounted pcm. That is just nice and i already did other wiring mods.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok here are some more pics. I am running a Boss 302 intake. It is a 17 crate motor so no black box. The 302 intake is a plus because you can run the harness in the valley hiding it all and gain more power. I put the fuse panel right beside the Factory Five panel. Tight fit but it fits. I still need to modify the harness to the clutch safety sensors and the accelerator pedal. The harness was shortened in the valley for the engine. The body harness was shortened so you can wrap the loom over the Factory Five panel to have the room. I’m running my heater lines through the same opening. It right but cleans up the engine bay or lack of engine bay. I use aluminum angle to make the mount and used flat aluminum to hold the side of the ford panel. For some reason photos aren’t uploading tonight I’ll try again in a bit.
    Last edited by Mbuosaircd; 11-22-2017 at 09:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbuosaircd View Post
    Ok here are some more pics. I am running a Boss 302 intake. It is a 17 crate motor so no black box. The 302 intake is a plus because you can run the harness in the valley hiding it all and gain more power. I put the fuse panel right beside the Factory Five panel. Tight fit but it fits. I still need to modify the harness to the clutch safety sensors and the accelerator pedal. The harness was shortened in the valley for the engine. The body harness was shortened so you can wrap the loom over the Factory Five panel to have the room. I’m running my heater lines through the same opening. It right but cleans up the engine bay or lack of engine bay. I use aluminum angle to make the mount and used flat aluminum to hold the side of the ford panel. For some reason photos aren’t uploading tonight I’ll try again in a bit.
    Unfortunately I don't see the pictures you tried to attach, please reload to the site. TY!

Post Thanks / Like
    BigB--Look at my build thread. Have not started yet but close- that will by the prof on wiring!
    Last edited by 1932; 11-30-2017 at 01:32 AM.