FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sbhunter’s coyote build

New engine is mounted on the stand. This is the stand that comes from Factory Five. The engine lift points are also from Factory Five.
    Last edited by sbhunter; 01-11-2018 at 10:37 PM.

Woo-hoo!!! Congratulations and enjoy the build.
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, Blueprint 306 w/Fast EZ EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, vinyl dash w/ glove box.

Had a few hours to work on it yesterday. I got the F panels mounted and as much of the front suspension done as I could. I am going with a scotchbrite and clear coat finish for the engine bay. I am missing parts to put the coil overs together and most of the steering components. I painted and mounted the rear dif. I ran into an issue with the alternator. The bottom bolt sleeves through the block and needs a bushing in the block to fit correctly. I could not find any mention of one in any of the directions. I will have to call Factory Five or Ford racing Monday or Tuesday. I got the McLeod clutch bottled up after switching out the alignment pins. I sorted out all the bare metal parts and took them to my powder coater.

This is the frame stripped of panels and ready to start in.

These were my helpers last night. My oldest son and 2 of his friends from college.

I used the Ford part for the vent. I cut down the tubing and riveted it to the upper trunk panel.

I called Ford Racing and confirmed that the lower alternator bolt is a loose fit in the block. I don’t like it but bolted it up anyway. I have a question on the flywheel bolts. I pulled the flywheel on the coyote to change the clutch alignment pins. The torque spec that I found for these bolts is 177 ft lbs + 60 degrees. These are not large bolts. I ran them up to 150 lbs and chickened out. Now I am second guessing myself and considering taking the clutch back off and adding lock tight. I need opinions.

I'm pretty sure the stock flywheel bolts are torque to yield, so if you removed them they should be replaced.
    Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe builder

Quote Originally Posted by sbhunter View Post
    I called Ford Racing and confirmed that the lower alternator bolt is a loose fit in the block. I don’t like it but bolted it up anyway. I have a question on the flywheel bolts. I pulled the flywheel on the coyote to change the clutch alignment pins. The torque spec that I found for these bolts is 177 ft lbs + 60 degrees. These are not large bolts. I ran them up to 150 lbs and chickened out. Now I am second guessing myself and considering taking the clutch back off and adding lock tight. I need opinions.
    Whoa. Lucky you didn't break something. That spec is 177 inch pounds + 60 degrees. Or 20 foot points + 60 degrees. I'd probably replace those. Probably stretched pretty good. BR3Z-6379-A.

Listed on this document: https://performanceparts.ford.com/do...6007-A50NA.pdf
    Last edited by edwardb; Yesterday at 08:10 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014.
    Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. #7750 Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. 03 of 20. 2015 crate Coyote, 2015 IRS. Legal 04/18/2017. #8674 Build Thread
    Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Delivered 12/2/2017. #59 Coupe Build Thread

Holy Cow!! I can’t believe I misread that. Thanks Paul. I will order new bolts and redo it. Hopefully they come out. Thankfully they didn’t snap off. I hate using easy outs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12