FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Summit Racing Black Friday Sales

Post Thanks / Like

Summit Racing Black Friday Sales

Hi Guys,

I have a bunch of rear axle parts I need to order from Summit. Do any of you know if they have good Black Friday sales? If there's a chance of it I'll wait to place my order.

Thanks!
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    You have waaaaaay more will power than I do. Between Amazon Prime and Summit's fast shipping, I can certainly never wait a WHOLE WEEK AND A HALF. That is just crazy talk.

Seriously though, I might have a problem. Yama-Bro, you are an inspiration and a roll model.

But to answer you question, I have not idea. Your welcome.
    FFR MK4 Complete Kit #8952
    Build Thread
    Bodywork Thread
    3 Link Rear Suspension, Gordon Levy 347 SBF with T5
    First start Feb 20, 2017, First Go Kart March 5, 2017, Registered & Title April 25, 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobinsonx2 View Post
    You have waaaaaay more will power than I do. Between Amazon Prime and Summit's fast shipping, I can certainly never wait a WHOLE WEEK AND A HALF. That is just crazy talk.

Seriously though, I might have a problem. Yama-Bro, you are an inspiration and a roll model.

It's only a problem if your wife gets home before you do on package delivery days.

https://www.facebook.com/SummitRacin...98393900182540
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    It's only a problem if your wife gets home before you do on package delivery days.

Hahahahahahhaa....I'm starting to think I asked this question to the wrong group of guys.

Papa, I noticed the post on Summit's Facebook page is from 2011...so I'm wondering if they still do it. I guess I'll wait and see.
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Serial #9158

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a pretty regular buyer at Summit and get all their promotional emails. I haven't seen anything about a Black Friday sale from them for a long time. Several years ago, they used to pass out catalogs at big car shows (like Detroit Autorama) that had a 10% off coupon attached. Used one to get a nice discount off a bunch of engine parts on one of my builds. But haven't seen that for the last few years either. The good news is their prices are usually pretty competitive and their shipping and customer service in my experience is top notch.
    Last edited by edwardb; 11-14-2017 at 10:27 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    I'm a pretty regular buyer at Summit and get all their promotional emails. I haven't seen anything about a Black Friday sale from them for a long time. Several years ago, they used to pass out catalogs at big car shows (like Detroit Autorama) that had a 10% off coupon attached. Used one to get a nice discount off a bunch of engine parts on one of my builds. But haven't seen that for the last few years either. The good news is their prices are usually pretty competitive and their shipping and customer service in my experience is top notch.
    Did that last year at Good Guys Columbus. Got the discount coupon and took a ride to their store on the way home. I placed a pretty sizable order at the store, got the coupon discount AND got summit bucks because of ordering at the store. The savings alone helped offset the cost of the trip. I don't think I had to pay sales tax either because the parts were not in stock and had to be shipped anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Guys. Since the prices they have now are really good, I had a hunch that they wouldn't be doing any sales. I'll go ahead and place my order now. That way, the way my luck goes, it's a sure bet they'll have a black Friday sale this year.
    Serial #9158

Post Thanks / Like

Please! Never be a roll model! A role model is something to be admired!
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yama-Bro View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have a bunch of rear axle parts I need to order from Summit. Do any of you know if they have good Black Friday sales? If there's a chance of it I'll wait to place my order.

Thanks!
    On Summit FB page : Summit Racing Equipment BLACK FRIDAY SALE: Save 10% on almost everything Friday, Nov. 25 in the Summit Racing Retail Stores!

Our Black Friday is in retail stores only. But don't fret, online shoppers. We'll have Cyber Monday deals for you, too!

*Black Friday in-store sale does not include Gift Cards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yama-Bro View Post
    ... it's a sure bet they'll have a black Friday sale this year.
    Ha! It Worked!

Glad I'm not the only one to whom this happens.

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of fast shipping. I ordered some brake duct from Summit yesterday at noon. It was on my doorstep at noon today.
    So were the grommets from McMaster.

Almost as good as a Star Trek transporter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phileas_fogg View Post
    Ha! It Worked!

Glad I'm not the only one to whom this happens.

John
    Oh man, You guys can thanks me later!
    Serial #9158