BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Paying it forward

Post Thanks / Like

Paying it forward

I am going to try something a little different here. Hopefully this works and can help someone out. I have parts left over from my build and want to help out future builders like others have helped me. First a short story. Jeff Miller aka da Bat, helped me out a lot during the painting portion of my build. The guy sent me (a total stranger) his personal cell phone number. He sent me his number so he could talk a complete amateur through the intricacies of painting a car. Which by the way is his full time job. Yeah that's right. The same one that puts food on his table. I was blown away. I asked Jeff for his address so I could send him a little "thank you". He refused and said to pay it forward. So I have stewed on that ever since. After some reflection, I came up with a plan. So Here is what I am thinking.

All the spare parts left over are from the complete kit from Factory Five. There aren't many and they are worth much. But, I will send them to verified forum members for shipping cost and nothing more. If you want to pay a little something for the parts that is fine. I will take all the proceeds and give them to the local United Way. I have contacts with them as we give a lot to them where I work. I figure I could help more than one with this little endeavor. So before I post pictures and starting taking names, below is a list of what I have. Reply to this thread and let me know if there is any interest. Don't PM me or call dibs on parts just yet. If there is interest, I will set up a Paypal account and come up with an orderly method to manage this process.

Parts
    Oil relocation kit
    Quick Jack plates (I painted silver)
    FFR parking brake handle
    Wilwood master cylinder (5/8")
    Pulley for engine (water pump I think)
    Air filter
    Complete kit front brake set up (rotors, calipers, pads, etc)
    Front tie rod ends
    Fuel filter, bracket, tank pick up, and line hardware
    Brake remote reservior
    Cooling expansion tank
    Gas pedal
    Power steering lines

Hopefully this will help someone and I can do Miller proud.
    FFR MK4 Complete Kit #8952
    Build Thread
    Bodywork Thread
    3 Link Rear Suspension, Gordon Levy 347 SBF with T5
    First start Feb 20, 2017, First Go Kart March 5, 2017, Registered & Title April 25, 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    This is awesome that you want to do this!

I have one request. Get the names and forum handles of everyone you send parts to.

Anyone you send parts to who resells them for a profit, I will be happy to ban. If someone takes an item and ends up not using them they can give them away or sell them for what they paid for them.

One thing that really gets my goat is people who take advantage of paying it forward and turn it for a profit.

You can agree to this or not, your choice. I just hate seeing people get taken advantage of, especially someone paying it forward.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    This is awesome that you want to do this!

I have one request. Get the names and forum handles of everyone you send parts to.

Anyone you send parts to who resells them for a profit, I will be happy to ban. If someone takes an item and ends up not using them they can give them away or sell them for what they paid for them.

One thing that really gets my goat is people who take advantage of paying it forward and turn it for a profit.

You can agree to this or not, your choice. I just hate seeing people get taken advantage of, especially someone paying it forward.

Thanks Dave. I will do just that.
    Build Thread
    Bodywork Thread
    First start Feb 20, 2017, First Go Kart March 5, 2017, Registered & Title April 25, 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    This is a great idea. Good on both you and Da Bat. You do have a few items I would be interested in. And a bit extra for the United Way.
    MK4 delivered 2/24/2017. Complete kit #9023,IRS, Power Steering, Leather, heater, 17" wheels, sway bar ft & rr, tremec 600 and Gordon Levy Racing SBF 427. First start and go kart 8/19/2017. Graduated 1/15/2018
    MK4 #9230 complete kit delivered 1/27/2018. IRS, PS, leather, Tremic 600, SBF 427. Graduation 10/15/2018
    MK3 #5253 donor bought unfinished. SBF 331, T5 Trans.

Post Thanks / Like
    That pulley you mentioned is probably the idler pulley FFR supplied, not one for a water pump. It was to help with belt routing, for the 5.0 donor engine's when the power steering was deleted.

Post Thanks / Like
    I could use the front tie rod ends and the parking brake.
    Thanks Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful idea. I was planning on doing the same thing when mine is done, only donating to my local SPCA where I volunteer. You rock.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, wonderful idea!

I would be interested in the oil relocation kit. I heard this is needed in some setups. I am getting 347 engine from M. Forte, but have no idea if truly needed here. I guess I will know when we install the engine.
    Please disregard if I am not making sense....

Thanks,
    Martin
    Life is short, so start living it.
    Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-in-the-garage!
    delivery date: 10/31/2017, first start 2/24/2018, title and registration passed 6/22/2018

Post Thanks / Like
    Srobinsonx2, I like your thinking and David's response. Kudos to you both!
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    Da Bat did the same with me. He also fielded a panic call when I had my gun pressure set incorrectly. He is quite a guy taking time out of his day to help a hobbyist do something on their own.

Good on you for paying it forward!

Post Thanks / Like
    I admire your idea, and I think it speaks volumes about this community!

I would be interested in the power steering lines. I will PM you to discuss details.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    I am interested in the brake setup, PM sent

Post Thanks / Like
    I am interested in the remote brake reservoir. It would be my pleasure to cover shipping and something extra for the United Way.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like the gas pedal and cooling expansion tank if they are available. I have donor parts right now that I am not impressed with. I also have no problem with a donation for the United Way. I will PM my address.

Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not forgotten about you guys. I am just on vacation. We are spending some time with the family and have not had time to post pics of the parts, set up a paypal account, and take official request for parts. I will try and get on this in the next fee weeks. I have decided to take David's advice and keep track of who gets what. He will monitor the for sale items to keep everyone honest. If I am going to try and keep everyone honest, then I will do the same for myself. I will keep track of the money I received as well as the shipping costs. I can then provide everyone with a total amount collected to give to the United Way. I have already checked with the folks at work. They will help get the money to the rights folks within the United Way. Hopefully we can all do some good to help those less fortunate.

We are blessed to have the mental, physical, and financial means to participate in the great hobby. While my project seemed all consuming for the past year, this time of years reminds me just how lucky I am. Many others are struggling to pay bills, scrape up money to bail loved ones out of a tough spot, or even put food on the table. I for one feels extremely blessed. Blessed with health, means, family, a great country, and a merciful God. Maybe we can make small difference. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Thanks to all for the help and support to make this hobby so fun. Be safe and Be thankful. God Bless.

Shannon
    Build Thread
    Bodywork Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobinsonx2 View Post
    I have not forgotten about you guys. I am just on vacation. We are spending some time with the family and have not had time to post pics of the parts, set up a paypal account, and take official request for parts. I will try and get on this in the next fee weeks. I have decided to take David's advice and keep track of who gets what. He will monitor the for sale items to keep everyone honest. If I am going to try and keep everyone honest, then I will do the same for myself. I will keep track of the money I received as well as the shipping costs. I can then provide everyone with a total amount collected to give to the United Way. I have already checked with the folks at work. They will help get the money to the rights folks within the United Way. Hopefully we can all do some good to help those less fortunate.

We are blessed to have the mental, physical, and financial means to participate in the great hobby. While my project seemed all consuming for the past year, this time of years reminds me just how lucky I am. Many others are struggling to pay bills, scrape up money to bail loved ones out of a tough spot, or even put food on the table. I for one feels extremely blessed. Blessed with health, means, family, a great country, and a merciful God. Maybe we can make small difference. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Thanks to all for the help and support to make this hobby so fun. Be safe and Be thankful. God Bless.

Shannon
    True words and very well put Shannon.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice thing to do. Congratulations on coming up with a great idea.
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry everyone. I have been traveling a lot for work. Along with holidays, I haven't had much time to work on this. I am in town this week and want to get some stuff shipped out. I did a little work to try and get something set up to accept donations. I was hoping for a method to take electronic payments for the donations. Well, I can't find a method that was little to no cost. So, I am going to simply send the parts for the cost of shipping and not mess with the donations. My original intent was to help out future builders like others have helped me. The United Way donations were just a plus.

No United Way donations. I have some PMs and will contact those individuals and try to get things sent out. Again sorry for the delay.
    Build Thread
    Bodywork Thread