Hello all! Obligatory introduction in advance of the raft of inevitable questions as I progress into my build.

I have a history in Auto-X and a little HPDE, and was a SCCA Solo ll chair for several years in the CNY region. I modded and campaigned a road legal, C-Prepared 1987 Mustang (not very well, but I had a lot of fun). I’ll be saying goodbye to it after 20 years of ownership. I took the car a long way, with tubular K-member, coil-overs & Koni’s, Panhard rod, Tq Arm, and adj rear trailing links, disc brakes in back, through-frame connectors, 6-point roll-bar, and countless other bits – but in the end it became less rewarding as I ran into the limitations of the suspension geometry inherent in the Fox chassis.

I actually went to Factory Five back in 2003 because I wanted a 65 Coupe or Spyder in the worst way. That love affair lasted until I actually sat in one and contemplated the fit as a weekend cruiser.

Fast forward to hearing about the Gen 3 coupe and I knew a road-trip to FFR’s shop was in order. I went there just before they packed up for SEMA (and got to see the 33 truck in person before the show!!), spent a lot of time in the shop with Jay, and a lot of time in and around the #1 car (and the blisteringly sexy Snap-On R Coupe) in the showroom. What a difference in the cockpit / footbox space. Fast forward again, and after many hours of post reading here and on FFCcars.com forum, I ordered a kit. I'm scheduled for Jan 6, 2018 pick-up.

The only used part I'll be bringing over from my Mustang is the motor: a 393 stroker, Scat crank, forged H rods, TW pistons, decked and ported Stg ll TW heads from TEA, matching Victor Jr intake, Canton RR pan, etc... It dyno’d at 494 rwhp with a BG 750 race carb, Hooker Super-comp LT headers, and 3” exhaust. I’ll be ditching the carb for EFI, most likely a Holley Sniper – so stay tuned for some parts for sale. It should be a ripper in a sub 2700lb 49/51 car on real tires and big brakes!

Kit specs:
BASE KIT
POWDER COATING GEN 3 COUPE CHASSIS
BODY CUT-OUTS
FRONT LOWER ARMS - STANDARD WIDTH
2015 IRS PARTS
FALL SALE SPECIAL – FREE WHEELS, 18x9 & 18x11 (awesome deal!!)
COUPE ULTRA-LITE 6 GAUGE SET
Delete seats – going with Corbeau Forza Sports
Delete side pipes – hoping that Bob Boig’s Quiet pipes in the works for the Coyote set-up will be jigged up by the time I’m ready for them
Delete Headers – going with a custom set of GP headers 351W, mild steel, ceramic, double collectors for O2, for above pipes

Other misc parts:
T-56 Magnum close ratio, w/mid-shift
Quicktime bellhousing
Clutch TBD – existing Centerforce DF is wrong input spline to use
New IRS pumpkin and knuckles from Ford Racing, swapped to 3.23 ring and pinion
Wilwood Forged Dynapro 6 Big Brake Front Brake Kit, slotted only
Wilwood Dynapro Radial-MC4 Rear Parking Brake Kit, slotted only
FFR spindles

TBD:
AC – will definitely have, not set on the source, probably FFR unless research points me in another direction
Harness – again probably FFR
Gas tank – will either be a 03-04 Cobra Tank w/Walbro 340 return-style system or a Boyd FFR Roadster tank and -6AN lines
Wipers – needed for NYS registration. Probably Ongaro marine wipers and control system
Power Steering – need to pick the rack and pump – probably 2.5 turn and Saginaw style pump w/remote reservoir
DOT LED lights

I’ve bookmarked dozens of build threads already… everything from ball-joint castle-nut washers, alignment tricks for the UCAs, to carpet fitment... so a big thanks to all those that have worn the straitjacket already! I appreciate your suffering in advance of my own. I’m excited to be part of the community!

Cheers,

Alex