Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Seat Tracks

Post Thanks / Like

Seat Tracks

Anyone have an opinion on the best/most functional seat tracks for the roadster? I see that both FFR and Breeze sell different versions. I'm assuming most only use them on the driver's side if at all? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Careful using any seat risers. It makes a difference on knee clearance on the bottom of the dash.
    JRL16
    Mk4 delivered 4/28/16. First start 10/15/16. First gocart 11/10/16. Engine Factory 427W. 750 carb. Tremec TKO600. 2015 IRS. Power steering. Whitby power brakes. Wilwood brakes. 18" wheels. Falken tires. Sway bars front and rear. Forte hydraulic clutch and mechanical throttle linkage. Scott's Hot Rods triple reservoir. Ceramic coated headers. Gas’n sidepipes. Heated seats. Herb Fraser walnut door panels. Wipers. Console.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the FF seat tracks and they were pretty good (http://www.factoryfiveparts.com/1207...eat-track-kit/). They were a little tricky to adjust on my Mk3.1, but I'm the only person who drives it (my wife has no desire to drive it), so adjustability isn't necessary.

I now have the Breeze seat installation kit (http://www.breezeautomotive.com/deta...p?prod_id=609#). This kit has adjustment capability by detaching the seat mounting plate from the floor plate and re-mounting it in a different location. It's not as convenient as a sliding seat track. But again, I don't really need adjustability, so that's not a plus or a minus for me.

The FF seat tracks raise the seat about 1" off the floor.

The Breeze kit is angled so the seat has a little more recline. That small angle change makes a big difference in comfort for me.

I have both seats mounted on the Breeze mounts.

David
    My Saving Grace: John 3:16

FFR6687, Graduate #39 in the Class of 2009
    The Factory Five Forum March 2012 POM

Post Thanks / Like
    David, Thank you so much for the information. Like you, no one else will drive the car so convenient adjustability is not much of an issue. Does the Breeze system also raise the level of the seat as with the FFR units? If so, about how much?? Joel

Post Thanks / Like
    Joel,

The front of the wedge on the Breeze kit is about 1 1/2" off the floor. The rear is just barely above the floor. The photos on the Breeze site show the slope pretty well. It's a really nicely made kit, and I was very pleased how much more comfortable the seat is with a slight tilt.

David
    My Saving Grace: John 3:16

FFR6687, Graduate #39 in the Class of 2009
    The Factory Five Forum March 2012 POM

Post Thanks / Like
    Joel,
    I just used two wedge 2x4"s, raised the front 2 1/2", back 1/2", but wedges do not go all the way to back of frame, rear edge is on the floor. Drilled thru seat frame, center of wood wedges, and floor. Used grade 8, 1/4" bolts. Seat backs are against the rear bulkhead when bolted down, and are very comfortable. I have shrunk to 5"-9" these days, 200lbs, and I find this position very comfortable with great ergos, knees are bent some, but thighs not hitting steering wheel. I did shim the bearing block for steering shaft up a bit, a couple of washers if I remember correctly.
    And, you have a little storage space underneath the cushions.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Double Ditto On Da-Breeze Brackets!

I just installed my seats this weekend using Mark's (Breeze's) brackets.
    While they don't give you super easy adjustments, they fit great and are extremely comfortable.
    I've got the Big & Tall seats and added a little pad (1/2") and backer board to the seat cushions.
    The car now fits me like a glove or well tailored suit.

NOTE: I'm 5'10" and tip the scales at 175 and have a 32" inseam if this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    GoDad.....How far do the Breeze brackets raise the seat off of the floor. I know it's more in the front and less in the back. Thanks Joel

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by japollon View Post
    GoDad.....How far do the Breeze brackets raise the seat off of the floor. I know it's more in the front and less in the back. Thanks Joel
    The back in nearly on the floor.
    I'll measure the front height when I get home and will post it, but it does give me a very comfortable lean that is just right for my liking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The front of the seat frame is about 2" above the base.
    The rear in the very center of the back of the seat is elevated about 3/8".
    It also makes mounting easier and I have added some additional fasteners to better secure that main lower mounting plate.
    Hope This Helps!

Post Thanks / Like
    It does. Thank you so very much. Joel