BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Redbud's 818s build

Post Thanks / Like

Redbud's 818s build

The car arrived today!!! Was able to get boxes 1-6 checked in. The biggest challenge was verifying what some of those unmarked pieces were, so I could check them off. I took someone else advice from their post and left all the nuts and bolts on a separate table so will not have to go through boxes to find them when needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the new baby! Factory Five is good about remembering the back-ordered stuff, so don't worry about calling them unless it gets really long. If you are waiting for a part, just work on something else. You don't have to follow the manual. Actually, I liked having stuff arrive later because for nearly 3 months I just told my wife that all boxes delivered were "already-paid backorders" sent directly from FFR vendors.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the feedback. What did you do with the windshield and frame until you got ready to install it. I am concerned it might get broken in the garage. may have to go into the house.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's quite a story: I made a nice way to hang the windshield on my garage wall with short chains and hooks. I hung it up and the glass was duct-taped into the frame, as I received it. I think it was 2 weeks later when I came out to the garage to find that the glass had slipped out (oh NO!) and was on the floor. I checked the glass to find that it was in one piece and had no chips! Some of the duct tape was still attached so I think the tape had loosened, from the very hot garage, and very slowly lowered the glass to the floor. Whew. I took the frame and the glass to a Safelite shop where they installed the glass, then I hung it up again. It's there today because I converted to a coupe and saved the windshield for converting back to an S". My suggestion is to store it flat if the glass is taped in - perhaps under a bed. Then make a note where it is so many months later, you'll find it!
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    My windshield and frame are currently under the bed in our guest room "where the monsters live" - my kids don't go near it....

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations and enjoy your build. I like the idea of keeping the windshield where the monsters live. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    It's ALIVE AND RUNNING! Got it running this evening with some help from Wayne Presley.
    Very exciting!!!!IMG_1945.jpgIMG_1947.jpg