Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Billet "modern" license plate light assembly

Post Thanks / Like

Billet "modern" license plate light assembly

I wanted to get a better quality, better looking, modern looking license plate light for my roadster and contacted a company here in Illinois and they recreated the light assembly on billet aluminum, instead of regular light bulbs I had them incorporate some LED bolt lights, easy to change if nessesary, this are the pictures the company sent me today and I will have it on my hands hopefully tomorrow, I'll post more pics tomorrow with the stock light side by side if interested, for more info follow my build FB page at https://www.facebook.com/cobraFFR/

100_7660.JPG100_7667.JPG100_7670.JPG
    Last edited by Svtjackal; 11-20-2017 at 09:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Really nice piece. For those of us who do not have Facebook, will you post the details here? Thanks, Joel

Post Thanks / Like
    If I'm allowed, I'll post the info when I get the light in my hands, fir those interested on upgrading their license plate light

Post Thanks / Like
    Could you get them to incorporate into the design so it does not need to be modified to make the plate fit on MK4?
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Wareaglescott beat me to it.

In case you are not aware of the issue, the license plate does not fit between the light and trunk handle without modification. The most accepted mod is to basically cut the lens (and some internal mods) to allow the license plate to slide up into the light. It looks like that could be easily incorporated into the billet light. They might have to shift the lights to the rear a little (from the car perspective).

I think you would have a winner with the mod.

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/...bC5qcGc=/?ref=

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya if they sold them already modded I have a feeling they would sell bunches I would buy one.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    That one I had them do a replica of the stock one, I have another solution for the plate, I'm not worried about the plate, but if that's a issue people are worried about, I bet they could easily machine a groove for the plate to slide into or make them smaller I don't know what solution people would like best

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Svtjackal View Post
    That one I had them do a replica of the stock one, I have another solution for the plate, I'm not worried about the plate, but if that's a issue people are worried about, I bet they could easily machine a groove for the plate to slide into or make them smaller I don't know what solution people would like best
    A properly modded assembly would sell for certain for the Mk4 guys. I did the Mk4 mod, cut the lens, replace the lamps, but I would much prefer a cleaner solution

Post Thanks / Like
    If the Groove solution is best, how far people put the plate inside the stock light? In other words how deep the groove needs to be?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Svtjackal View Post
    If the Groove solution is best, how far people put the plate inside the stock light? In other words how deep the groove needs to be?
    I dont know if it would look disproportional, but I would prefer one that is smaller (shorter) so that it doesn't look like it is eating the plate vs the slotted mod.
    MK4 #9028 - Coyote - TKO600
    Delivery: 1/30/17 First Start: 7/23/17 Legal: 10/5/17 Graduated: 10/15/18
    Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...8-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdav View Post
    I dont know if it would look disproportional, but I would prefer one that is smaller (shorter) so that it doesn't look like it is eating the plate vs the slotted mod.
    How much shorter does it needs to be?