Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Joey Logano

Master Builder
    Post Thanks / Like

Joey Logano

Anybody see the Gas Monkey show last night ? Good Press for FFR !

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yes, I watched it too & so did a couple of my co-workers so the coffee talk this morning was that it was Great Exposure for the team at Factory Five Racing. While I'm just a casual fan of the show, like everyone on this forum I am a HUGE FAN of Factory Five Racing. I just wish they would have had a REAL RACE, but is was great to see the new Type-65 on that track none the less.

Bravo Factory Five, Bravo!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 11-21-2017 at 09:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife liked the lot of the Gen 3 and that was the beginning of introducing the idea of me building another car to keep my 33 company.

Post Thanks / Like
    Watched the show and came away disapointed. I know the Daytona was built ahead of the Pantara and probably had more devolment time, and I know there are videos of it being driven around. I wonder just how much theater is in the show? It seams "everything" was down to the wire. Both cars had problems, and only a couple of laps???,,,, was hoping to see the new coupe run! I saw Dave's post on another forum about the fuel pump dying on the last lap. It seams like the Monkee's had it scripted, it was their show, they can't have the guest run away from them. I don't know, what do you all think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, it's tv so the outcome was likely determined ahead of time.

Still, good press for the Factory Five coupe!
    FFR 7123 tilt front, Levy 5link/wilwoods/LCA's, webers.
    SL-C, LS3 525, Mendeola SDR5,

Post Thanks / Like
    The producers did not devote two entire episodes to building the Pantera for it to lose the race. Im wondering how the got Lagono to agree to come in second.

Ps - watching that made me want to build one with the wing. Totally not needed for the street but who cares! lol
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Good press indeed! It was fun watching recreations of two of my favorite cars tearing up the track. Too bad about the fuel pump problem. That’s one sweet ride you have there.
    But it was surely a Gas Monkey show. Tony and the gang hardly got any camera time.
    Gen 2 Type 65 Coupe. Gen 2 Coyote. T-bird IRS. 3.55 Torsen diff.
    Find me at "Team Limer" on Facebook
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/750619...7668366966791/
    Rally North America "Team Limer"
    https://www.classy.org/team/464751

Post Thanks / Like
    Not directly related to this episode, but I did like the show in the early days. Seemed like the name fit my GTM well:

DSC05702.JPG

And FWIW, I am continually inspired to build a Coupe after seeing these recent builds. Thanks for the inspiration!

-Michael
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SOLD JUNE 2018 - GTM #327, LS3, G50/20, Kooks, AC, Ron's Tanks, Crash's 4-port HCV, Shane's Bolts & Plenum & etc., plus a lot of other stuff. Finished November 2013.

Not-up-to-date Build Site: http://rumrunnergtm.weebly.com

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was disappointed that I had to listen to 2 hours of Richard Rawlings BS to see less than 5 minutes of actual track time. I know it's his show so the outcome was guaranteed to be in his favor. But it was great to see and hear the Gen 3 race coupe on the track and FFR got some free publicity.

I also have loved the Pantera since it was introduced back in the '70's and the Gas Monkey Boys, along with KBI did build a really cool car!

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    It looked to me like Logano kept checking his rear view waiting for the Pantera to "catchup". Logano had way too much of a lead at the start for the Pantera to ever catch up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I posted this in a similar thread on the other forum: Apparently the end wasn't a setup. Factory Five posted on Facebook, "Joey ran away hard and the fuel pick-up gave us grief with 1/2 lap to go." Don't know if that was a repeat of the problem before the race started or something new.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iFeDymN5qk&t=1s

After seeing this video I was surprised that FF lost
    Hmmmm
    Last edited by chmhasy; 11-25-2017 at 09:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    When the Pantera passed on the banking I figured maybe Logano missed a shift or something. If its fuel the car is in need of a fuel reservoir after the pump.

I was so thinking the ffr would smoke the A$$ monkeys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Watched a re run of this last night and re confirmed why I stopped watching in the first place. so much staged drama. and too much spending big bucks as a work around to real hot rodding... makes me sad to see them cutting up perfectly nice examples of classic cars that that they spent big bucks on just because they can spend the money and make the build faster. Don't get me wrong, I am all about hot rodding but give me a totaled or rat trap example and rework it into something cool.

let me ask you this. if they dropped a million, and took a real original show ready 65 cobra, put in a mustang IRS, Brembo's (got to tag the product placement sponsors here) and dropped in a coyote aluminator with a Whipple Supercharger and called it a "super snake" did it all in 6 weeks would you be impressed that the monkey's built a cool car... OR would you be sad that there was one less original example of a real cobra left in the world.

I like in the TV scripting it was "Joey's" car even though I suspect he was only borrowing the car from F5 for the show. we all know he and his garage did not build it he just showed up to drive it after the snap-on build..

In the end I suspect if both cars were fully sorted out (Again spend the time to do it right) the Daytona would be faster, BUT i Bet it would be a real close race. and pretty crafty of those NASCAR boys to get some track time at the new Charlotte ROVAL I bet that did count against their NASCAR track testing time

And the Rant goes on..
    Chris AKA Gromit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the link to Discovery channel to watch. You had to watch the entire show and couldn't fast forward. There was no way I was going to sit through the antics of the *** Monkeys. Maybe someday they'll release just the race. Arron Kaufman is supposed to have a show coming up. I"ll give that a try as I think he's pretty sharp.