Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FFR "Installation Kit" for Coyote

Post Thanks / Like

FFR "Installation Kit" for Coyote

I am putting a 2017 Coyote in a MK III FFR.
    I purchased the Ford Coyote management package.
    I was told that FFR sells a Coyote Installation Kit for approx. $350 to help with the install.
    Has anyone purchased this kit and was it helpful?
    Thanks,
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I have, for my '33 Hot Rod and worked well and provided mounts for the ECM, alternator mount and other stuff with clear instructions of how to integrate the engine to the Ron Francis harness.

Post Thanks / Like
    The kit wasn't available when I did my Coyote build. It was a 2015, but a Gen 2 Coyote like your 2017. As mentioned, it does include the ECM mount. Also spacers for the motor mounts (important), various fuel line and vacuum fittings and adapters, and bracketry for the Gen 2 clutch switches. Note FF's clutch switch setup is intended to work with their Wilwood clutch cable mod. If you're planning a hydraulic clutch, you'll either need to do something different or mod what they provide. Not sure about the previous post regarding the alternator. If you get the companion Ford Performance alternator for the Coyote, at least for the Roadster, it has everything you need. Bottom line, I'd recommend buying the installation kit.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    FFR has been offering a Coyote install kit since 2012 when I built my Coyote/MkIV. At that time, the instructions stated to install the ECM in the firewall. Like other early Coyote builders, I fabbed an ECM mount and hung it over the passenger footbox. Now, that's the mount location as per the new install instructions. Also, the engine mount spacer was not in the early install kit. This is something else us early Coyote guys figured out. Glad to see FFR now included the spacer. IMO, the install kit is worth every penny. You may not use every fitting supplied, but the major components are required and the instructions are invaluable. The best source of "how to" information comes from FFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    FFR has updated instructions for the Coyote installation here: http://www.factoryfive.com/wp-conten...t-Roadster.pdf. There are numerous differences between the original Coyote released in 2011 and the Gen 2 version released in 2015. The instructions cover both. Including the revised location for the ECM for the 2015+, two motor mount spacers now used, the added clutch switches, tach connection, etc. Yours is the newer version so you'll need to pay close attention to these differences.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great.
    Ordered yesterday.
    Thanks again for the quick responses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    FFR has updated instructions for the Coyote installation here: http://www.factoryfive.com/wp-conten...t-Roadster.pdf. There are numerous differences between the original Coyote released in 2011 and the Gen 2 version released in 2015. The instructions cover both. Including the revised location for the ECM for the 2015+, two motor mount spacers now used, the added clutch switches, tach connection, etc. Yours is the newer version so you'll need to pay close attention to these differences.
    Two spacers? Do you mean one left and one right, or something else?
    I ordered the base coupe kit and I'm using a Coyote based engine but I'm realizing some of the other smaller components aren't mentioned as being left out online or explicitly in the manual (motor mounts being one). I can fab up the spacers myself but now I'm not sure if the 1/2" thickness mentioned on each side in the instructions is still accurate.
    Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe builder

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by q4stix View Post
    Two spacers? Do you mean one left and one right, or something else?
    I ordered the base coupe kit and I'm using a Coyote based engine but I'm realizing some of the other smaller components aren't mentioned as being left out online or explicitly in the manual (motor mounts being one). I can fab up the spacers myself but now I'm not sure if the 1/2" thickness mentioned on each side in the instructions is still accurate.
    My experience is with the Roadster, so please take that into account. While I was building #8674 Factory Five changed their recommended motor mount spacers from one spacer on one side, mounted between the motor mount and the frame (e.g. loose and held in place once the engine was bolted in), to two 1/2" thick spacers (one on each side) sandwiched in the Energy Suspension motor mounts. I hadn't ordered the Coyote Installation Kit with my kit because it wasn't available for the 2015+ Coyote version at the time. (2015) But when the new spacers were released, I thought they were enough of an upgrade I ordered them and retrofitted them into my build. You can see them on page 23 of these instructions: http://www.factoryfive.com/wp-conten...t-Roadster.pdf.

I can't be positive the Gen 3 Coupe is the same, but I suspect it is. Factory Five's website lists the same Coyote Installation Kit (part number 15432) on both the Roadster and Coupe order forms. I'll maybe know more in a few weeks when my Gen 3 Coupe arrives. It's done and sitting on the rack at Factory Five waiting for Stewart. I ordered the Coyote Installation Kit for it. I don't see any reference to the Coyote installation in the beta copy of the Gen 3 Coupe manual I have. But then typically they're separate instructions anyway, and nothing specifically for the Coupe is on the FF website.