Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: NOVA roadster owner (hopefully).

Post Thanks / Like

NOVA roadster owner (hopefully).

Long time planner, first time poster here in northern Virginia. I have been saving and planning for a long time. My "5-year plan" put me buying a roadster sometime next spring/fall, but I happened across the FF black Friday sale on the basic kit yesterady morning and after a quick consultation with the boss, she agreed we should pull the trigger. I know the sale was only for the first ten orders and I will be biting my nails until I receive the notification email that I was one of the first ten....If not, I may have to delay a bit longer... I also took advantage of the of the 25% parts sale to separately spec a bunch of the parts that I would have added to the kit. So if lady luck is in the house, I hopefully will be the new owner of:

Basic kit
    holes cut/powder coated
    upgraded front suspension (standard/fox width)
    3-link in the rear
    heater
    RF wiring harness
    front swaybar
    FF gauges
    351 headers
    (+other stuff I'm sure I clicked but forgot because I was in a rush to order and have not received email confirmation)

Missing a few parts, but this should keep me busy for a bit until I can save up for more. Plan on hitting up Mr. Forte for a rear end and then looking for some ideas on a engine/tran combo (really leaning towards a 408/TKO600, but didn't see that as one of his offerings). Goal is a cruiser/autocross/HP driving schools that the wife and I can do (she used to love auto-crossing my 2001 cobra). Misc. mods are also starting to add up in my head that I will be tackling during the build.

Also, thanks in advance as I am sure that I will be bugging a bunch of you later for help and ideas, so I just wanted to introduce myself before I jump over to the roadster forum. Anyway, happy thanksgiving and hopefully Monday will bring good news.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. where are you in NOVA, I'm in Stafford just south of Quantico MCB. There are several of us around. I've been building since late Mar. I'm on the other forum mostly as jrcuz.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the welcome. I am in Gainesville, so not too far away if you take the back roads. I saw in the forum that there is a very nice build thread taking place in Nokesville, so looking forward to seeing that roadster running around when done. I'm holding off asking for advice on garage layout, planning questions etc., until my order is confirmed, but after that, game on.

Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dagwoods,

I hope you got one of the ten deals ... I am in Nokesville, VA on Aden Road about a mile south of the Aden Store.

Recommend giving Mike a call about engines ... he like others doesn't list everything on his site.

Carl
    Mk 4 Roadster
    October 25, 2012 - Kit Arrives
    April 8, 2013 - Build Starts
    August 23, 2015 - Rolling Chassis/Engine & Transmission Installed
    March 26, 2016 - Go Cart

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm working in my 1 car garage so very tight space but doable. When I was still living at my parents which was the late sixty's I lived in Haymarket.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Good call Carl, I will definitely call Mike about options. You were the thread I was referring to in my opening post..it's looking great. If you ever need a strong back or second set of hands let me know, I'm only about ten minutes away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dagwoods,

I’m in Sterling, so not too far from you. If you need a build to come look at just let me know. Welcome to the family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just received confirmation email! Looks like mid-January ship date...What a deal...Can't wait to get started. I may have to take you up that offer sometime in the future Scott. Thanks
    -Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagwoods View Post
    Just received confirmation email! Looks like mid-January ship date...What a deal...Can't wait to get started. I may have to take you up that offer sometime in the future Scott. Thanks
    -Andrew
    Andrew,

Sounds good. Just shoot me a PM and we will exchange info. If you have any questions feel free to reach out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Andrew, as Scott said you are welcome to come and check out my build as well. just shoot me a PM.
    JR

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the new kit and welcome to the madness. That was a good deal, and glad you were able to snag one. Take advantage of the knowledge and builds around you. It's a huge help to see these in person during the process. Used to live in Sterling and worked in Ashburn a couple of jobs ago. The job wasn't great, but loved the area.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Congrats on the new kit and welcome to the madness. That was a good deal, and glad you were able to snag one. Take advantage of the knowledge and builds around you. It's a huge help to see these in person during the process. Used to live in Sterling and worked in Ashburn a couple of jobs ago. The job wasn't great, but loved the area.
    No Kiddin'? Small world. Ashburn has really grown up. It is also called "cashburn" now lol. If you ever return to the area, let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Andrew, I forgot to mention that if you need a chassis dolly I'm finished with mine and you are welcome to it free of charge just have to pick it up.
    JR
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jrcuz; 11-30-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrew,

Your welcome anytime to come by and see what i am up to on the build.

I also have an engine crane (or whatever you call it) if you need one as well as a 3 in 1 36in combination brake, shear and roller (the later is not really transportable so you would have to come here to use it).

Carl
    Mk 4 Roadster
    March 26, 2016 - Go Cart

Post Thanks / Like
    JR, I will definitely take you up on the offer of the chassis dolly if you're sure. I'll pm you my info, so just let me a know a day that works for you.

Carl, thanks for the offer as well. I imagine that brake could come in handy. I'm sure I'll be reaching out to you in the future.

Its starting to feel real, first box from factory five is set to arrive tomorrow (ordered a bunch of parts separately during the sale). Can't wait...

Post Thanks / Like
    So I admit, this post is more about getting my post count up to enable pic posting but,....just decided to bite the bullet and add spindles to my order. Also got Stewart transport lined up to deliver my kit the week of the 22nd. Very reasonable cost. Was prepared to pay double what they charged me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagwoods View Post
    So I admit, this post is more about getting my post count up to enable pic posting but,....just decided to bite the bullet and add spindles to my order. Also got Stewart transport lined up to deliver my kit the week of the 22nd. Very reasonable cost. Was prepared to pay double what they charged me.
    Nice dude.Happy to hear. If you need a hand with anything on delivery let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good news and like Scottie said if you need any help on delivery day let me know.
    JR

Post Thanks / Like
    Delivery day finally arrived. Stewart dropped it off this morning. My work has unfortunately not stopped, so I didn't even get to peak into any of the boxes yet. Hopefully start inventory tonight.

His next stop for a mark iv was somewhere in Ohio, so if that's you, it's on its way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Andrew,
    Great news! Any pics?
    JR

Post Thanks / Like
    JR, Thanks again for the chassis dolly, it worked great. I feel that once I figure out how to post a pic, I may be able to graduate from the welcome and intro threads. Here goes nothing...
    delivery_LI.jpg

My dog is not excited to do inventory.
    boxes.jpg
    Last edited by Dagwoods; 01-29-2018 at 07:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad the dolly worked for you. Your lift will be busy soon. Your dog looks pretty comfortable. Take your time and do a thorough inventory. Thr only things I was missing that FFR didi't have listed were emergency brake cables. One call took care of it.
    JR
    Last edited by jrcuz; 01-29-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on the arrival of your Mk 4. Your setup looks great ... including doing your inventory in the comfort of your living room.

Carl
    Mk 4 Roadster
    March 26, 2016 - Go Cart