FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Time to replace cluch and upgrade

Post Thanks / Like

Time to replace cluch and upgrade

Time to replace cluch and upgrade
    I have a 2003 Mark II with 1995 mustang (everything)
    It is time for the cluch to be replaced, has anyone upgraded to some sort of hydrolic cluch and Throw-out Bearing?
    What options are out there, currently all is factory 1995 mustang stuff. I have the T5 trans with over drive 5 speed.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.fortesparts.com/clutches-...pull-slave-kit

Here it what I am using. Works great and easy install. Call up Mike and he will set you up.

Post Thanks / Like
    But you also need a master cylinder. How does one do that w/ a Fox pedal box?
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the hydromax hydraulic throw-out bearing, it sits inside the bellhousing, the master cylinder connected to the supplied Wilwood peddle assemble I used not sure about the Fox pedal box.

Im thinking that if I had something go wrong with it Id have to pull the motor or separate the trans, not easily done in these cars. Mike Forte has the hydraulic unit that goes outside the bellhousing and uses the mechanical throw-out lever and bearing. If I was to do it over I would select Fortes unit. If you used Fortes unit the pedal box would still need to be figured out using the master cylinder.....Call Mike Forte Im sure he will know.

Post Thanks / Like
    I second talking to Mike Forte, I am not at that point yet in my build but I have talked with him on it and plan to order from him in the new year. Lots of great reviews of his set up on this site and the other one.

Also forgot to tell you, I am using a 2001 peddle box and Mike's hydraulic clutch kit will work with it (and probably any other box, can't remember the threads but there has been several guys who made it work and it doesn't look that hard to do.
    Last edited by SDhemmings; 12-01-2017 at 03:19 PM.