FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Just Curious Hot Rod !!

Post Thanks / Like

Just Curious Hot Rod !!

Just finished my MK4 roadster in Setember, I am getting the itch to build another, looking at the 33 hot rod and the 35 pickup, lenng to the hot rod.

a couple questions

whats the diff between a Henry Ford 32 vs a 33?

is the steel body available and has anyone started the build using it ?
    Last edited by mcwho; 12-03-2017 at 12:25 PM.
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many differences between a 32 and 33 and more between an FFR33 and a steel repro 32. I haven't heard an official release of the steel 33 body for production. I would expect much fanfare, hoopla, and back patting to precede the arrivals.
    The FFR 33 is significantly wider across the passenger compartment, maybe 4-5", about 2" wider at the back of the hood, and possibly slightly longer wheel base. Compared to a 32 it is a lot wider. After that there is no comparison of the chassis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like mentioned.... a henry ford 32 (or 33 for that matter) are ALOT different. 3 inches longer and 3 inches wider are the FFR 33's than a Henry Ford model.

We built a Steel body 33 that we just finished up before SEMA (2017) Love the Steel body.
    SMG Motoring Inc.
    Custom Performance Vehicles
    www.smgmotoringinc.com
    www.facebook.com/smgmotoring

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The FFR '33 is wider, but due to the large engine setback, it doesn't appear to have the interior length of a real '33. My Oze bodied '37 sits on the same 112 inch wheelbase, but has about 12 inches of free space behind the seats. Having a 22 gallon gas tank in the normal position, at the back of the frame makes a huge difference in available space inside the car. The trunk is also large enough to hold two folding chairs to sit on at a car show and enough room for 2 people's luggage for several days on the road. With a '33 I'd plan on buying a Mullins style trailer to carry luggage for a road trip.

A real '33 built without fenders usually loses only trunk space with the gas tank taking up part of the trunk. A fendered '33 most often has the gas tank in the normal (rear) position and retains the full trunk space.