Hey guys,

This is my first post on my build. I've ordered the base kit to be delivered mid-January, 2018. I'm using a 1999 Mustang GT for my donor car. I've been planning this build for 16 years - got my first build manual from my girls on Christmas, 2001! I attended the build school in December, 2013 - had a GREAT time.

My question is regarding wheel options. I'd really like to use Halibrand wheels, but due to the width of the 1999 8.8" rear end (62.55") as compared to the older 1987-1993 8.8" rear ends (59.25"), the wheels from FFR won't work as I currently understand it. FFR is telling me I either need to go with the narrower wheels, or I need to have custom wheels made with a different offset to work with that rear end - which all makes sense. I really want the 9" wheel on the front and 10.5" wheel on the back.

I'm thinking having custom wheels made will be way more expensive than if I just went out and purchased an older 8.8" rear end.

Are there reasonable priced Halibrand wheels out there with the right offset to work with this rear end?

For those (like me) who like to look at pictures and hear stories of each others' builds, feel free to check out my blog at https://denverstevecobrabuild.wordpress.com/

Thanks!

Steve