Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Front quick jack holes

Post Thanks / Like

Front quick jack holes

I'm just starting the body work on my Mk3. No, it hasn't taken this long, I bought an un-assembled Mk3 two years ago. There are no holes in the nose for the quick jack bolts. Does anyone have any tips on how to accurately cut these holes.

Also, I'm not crazy about the looks of the front mounting bolts in the vent openings on the Mk3. I understand the Mk4 uses a different mounting technique without the bolts showing. I've never really looked at how its done. Can someone post a picture of the setup, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you see where they holes were from the inside?
    The earlier MKIV just uses the quick jack rods with some split tubes and rubber backed washers to sandwich the body . The newer ones have brackets that connect to the turn signal light posts.
    I recommend the ********** Grommets instead of the split tubes. The body technically floats on the tubes this way, but it doesn't go anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    There should be some divets where they are supposed to be drilled, use a small hole saw as you can widen the holes

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, found the divets. Didn't think to look for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Avalanche325. So I could use the ********** grommets, fill the holes in the vents and I'd be good to go. Nothing else needed to support the frontend? I do like the look of that approach.