Hey! Great to be a part of the forum. I consider myself a novice even though I recently finished a 2 year restomod project on a 69 Mach 1. The more I learn the less I know! I've at least gotten to the point I feel a little more comfortable knowing what to ask. It wet my appetite though, and I now would love to proceed with a GTM. While I spent many frustrating days and nights wanting to just give up on the Mustang, I now see the end result and want to tackle something else. What I love about the Mach 1 is that it will never get antiquated, or go through the stage where it is replaced with the "newer model," since it has already been through that, a long time ago, and so doesn't look dated, but cool. The looks and the comments I get will never get old nor change since the car is a 69, which leads to my concern and perhaps a question to see if anyone else has felt the same...I realize this project is going to take a couple years or more, but by that time, will I have spent a good deal of money on a car that is starting to look a bit old..not old as in classic and cool, but old, as in outdated, even in light of how cool it looks now?
Secondly, on a more technical point, as I am at the stage of budgeting and trying to figure out what is important and essential and what is something that is just cool and costly and where I want to put the money... is there a big enough advantage of Wilwood brakes to justify the cost over donor/factory Corvette setups? Same question regarding Kooks exhaust...?
Anyone use aftermarket radiator such as BeCool?
I certainly have a zillion questions and thoughts at this stage but wanted to at least start with a couple questions to get your thoughts.
Can you imagine doing something like this in the days before the internet...like when I grew up with Encylopedia Britannica?! Thanks!
Craig