Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anybody install FFR 818 Steering Wheel ?

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody install FFR 818 Steering Wheel ?

Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone has installed the FFR 818 steering wheel and if you could tell me how much closer it and the adapter is to the driver compared to the stock one.

Thanks
    Glenn

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't use the ffr steering wheel, but did use the adapter. It seems to me like it is about the same as the stock wheel in terms of how close it is to the driver. I'm happy with how it fits and it maintained the turn signal cancel functionality. I used a momo wheel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. Would it be possible for you to post a picture of how it looks and how it fits with the shroud, turn signal stalk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Steering Wheel 1.png
    Steering Wheel 2.png
    There was a bit more of a gap between the adapter and the column then I was expecting, but I haven't noticed it again since I installed it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much. Your setup looks great. !

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also went with a Momo Quark wheel but used the Momo hub.
    IMG_20171211_211654.jpg
    I really don't think the FFR wheel will ever look good in an 818. It's definitely a better fit for the Roadster crowd (If you look at the 818 galleries and showcars even FFR modifies it and has it done in black.)

The Momo hub doesn't self-cancel which is annoying, though plenty of solutions exist. The more important feature in my opinion is that it is engineered to collapse in a wreck. I plan on keeping my three-point OEM belts and you never know when having that extra inch or so of give could just make the difference.

P.S. As a side note, I went with a 13" wheel. It provides a lot more room for your knees and getting in and out. The steering is quite heavy when you're not moving, but not at all difficult to turn as long as you're rolling even a little bit.
    Last edited by phil1734; 12-12-2017 at 08:34 AM.