BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Parking brake parts

Post Thanks / Like

Parking brake parts

I have sn95 11.65 brakes and cables from the complete kit for a mustang handle. What kind of retaining clips do I need for these cables in the caliper as well as the frame tunnel mounts in the other end of the cable aft of the handle?

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I am asking the wrong question since 50 people passed on a reply. what did you use from calipers to the brake handle from a fox mustang?

Post Thanks / Like
    1994-04 Mustang Rear Park Brake Cable E-Clips

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. My cables are so long they reach the brake. Do I need the factory five handle or do I need to modify cables to work with the donor handle

Post Thanks / Like
    I need the clips for the cables the connect to the frame. Are these available anywhere else?
    [IMG]4d7af2_f8ee72dc2f094115a3a569a1fb6857cd.jpg_256[/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like
    I need the clips for the cables the connect to the frame. Are these available anywhere else?main.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    There is no clip where the jacket mounts to the frame - just the barbs snapping into a hole.
    These are the clips at the caliper: http://www.breezeautomotive.com/details.php?prod_id=403
    They are not really necessary as the cable jacket becomes captured once the assembly is installed.
    They are known as 10mm e-clips.
    So really the only thing you need to do is cut off the front cable mount and re-attach (weld) it in a fashion that the cables have a fair lead out of their jackets and the splitter cable http://www.breezeautomotive.com/details.php?prod_id=181 has a fair lead onto the parking brake handle pulley.

On the other hand if you would prefer to leave all that and those parts off your car you can install a hydraulic parking brake valve like this in the driver side floor just in front of the seat: http://www.breezeautomotive.com/deta...p?prod_id=1000

Hope that helps!
    www.breezeautomotive.com 2005 FFR Mk3 Roadster, 302/340hp, MassFlo EFI, Breeze Pulleys, T5, Aluminum Flywheel, 3-link rear with Torsen Diff and 3.27:1 gears, Power Steering, Breeze Front Sway Bar, SN-95 Spindles with outboard SAI Mod, Breeze Battery Mount, QA1 Externally Adjustable Shocks, Quick Release Steering Wheel, Vintage Race seats, GM Arctic White, Sky Blue Scoop, Hidden Hinges, Billet Aluminum Side-view Mirrors, 2,183lbs wet. 1967 Mustang Fastback, Dark Moss Green, black interior, '67 14" styled steel wheels, 2000 Explorer 302 w 5.0 Cam, Quickfuel 450 CFM, 289 Hi-Po Dual exhaust, C4, lowering springs w Shelby drop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mark. My cables don't have barbs to retain them into the chassis. Can't find replacements but may not matter if I use the adjustable setup from lokar. Thx.