Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Convertible top boot

Post Thanks / Like

Convertible top boot

I wanted to share some pictures and tell you about the convertible top boot I had made by Rod Tops (the people that make the conv. top for Factory Five). I want to thank Eric Kraft (Kraftee on this forum), because he had a shop in Florida make one for his car and I thought it was a great idea, for looks and also to free up some space in the trunk. I contacted Chad at Rod Tops and with pictures that Eric sent him and our conversations on the phone and email this is what he came up with.You still have to store the frame and side curtains in the trunk but the top is what takes up all of the room. I'm very pleased with the finished product and think its a must have if you plan on taking your car on trips like I am. Now I can start taking my car apart and do the body work and paint. I would like to thank Chad at Rod Tops for taking this project on for me.
    This is the complete top in the trunkcomplete top in trunk.JPG
    This is just the hardware in the trunk (no side curtains)Frame and hardwar only.JPG
    This is with the hardware and side curtains in the trunk frame hardware and side curtains.JPG
    The next three pictures show the latch, latch cover and the top in the boot top latch.jpg
    top latch cover.jpgtop in boot.jpg
    The last two pictures show the boot on the car boot on car.JPGboot on car2.JPG
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Do you have the address of the shop in Florida thinks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=BN;305529]Do you have the address of the shop in Florida thinks (thanks)OTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    BN. I had the original top boot made by L&S Auto Trim here in Gainesville, Florida 352-372-8661. However, now that Chad at Rod Tops is making them, you might get a better price from him. Eric
    "If everything seems to be coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane."

Post Thanks / Like
    BN, Call Rod Tops (DTS Enterprises) and ask for Chad 231-599-3123
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thank you very mouch