Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Has anyone used Finish Line Gauges

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone used Finish Line Gauges

If you have used ********** gauges are you happy with them and did they fit the dash cut out?

?Pictures?

Post Thanks / Like
    The gauges being sold by ********** are Classic Instrument gauges. A very well known supplier a few hours from me in Boyne City, Michigan. They've been around for quite a while. They're widely available too. Summit, etc. If you watch a lot of the car shows on Velocity, etc. it's very common to see their gauges in lots of high end builds. My Mk3, finished several years ago, had Classic Instrument gauges. They worked fine, and as far as I know, still are with the new owner. I'm not sure how common they are in these builds. Haven't seen them too much. The guy I bought that partially built kit from had already bought them, which is why I had them in the first place.

I would say they're more "old school" than Speedhut, etc. On mine, the odometer was an older style mechanical counter. No trip odometer. The backlighting was traditional incandescent bulbs and really didn't show up very well at night. The speedo did use an electronic speed sensor, but was calibrated using DIP switches and a correction table from the instructions. In general just an older school 60's look and feel compared to the modern looking and operating Speedhut gauges I've used.

The ones on **********'s website look just like the ones that were in my Mk3. I have no idea if they would fit in FF's current dash offerings. Get a blank dash and you can be sure, plus get the layout just how you want.

Last edited by edwardb; 12-14-2017 at 02:27 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.