Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lower Windshield and rag top

Post Thanks / Like

Lower Windshield and rag top

So has any one chopped the 33 windshield to make it a bit lower? I know at least one person has taken the top edge off but that would stop me from putting on a rag top. I am thinking more of removing the glass and cutting it down and then cutting down the window frame. Anyone?

And if I did that, would the rag top still work?
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    My guess is that the top would not work as it is supposed to be installed. However you may be able to modify the install for it to work. I would make a call to Rod Tops and discuss what you want to do with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I have my conv. top on the upper frame makes it harder to see farther distance in my opinion. Its not unsafe but its different, with the top off you can look over the frame. If you cut it down lower with the top it would be pretty hard to see out of. Hopefully that makes sense.
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CVOBill View Post
    When I have my conv. top on the upper frame makes it harder to see farther distance in my opinion.

Bill,

How tall are you? I am 5' 8" and in the 33 that I have drove I did not notice having to look over the windshield unless I was at a light.
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm 5' 8" also but I installed my seats at an angle and not flat on the floor. I look over my windshield at red lights and when I'm trying to see farther down the road.
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm 5' 11" and I too installed my seats up off the floor - about 2" at the front (sliders.) I don't have any problem with the top of the windshield blocking my view, however, with the top down, there is a LOT of wind buffeting. I cannot imagine cutting the windshield down any lower!
    "If everything seems to be coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane."