Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: "Black Ice" Lowes carpet installs?

Post Thanks / Like

"Black Ice" Lowes carpet installs?

Has anyone got any pictures of an interior fitted with Lowes's "Black Ice" carpet? I'm looking around at carpet alternatives to the F5 supplied which I don't like too much. The "Black Ice" is marine carpet but is more a charcoal gray than black and I'd like to see what it'll look like in the car before I commit to ordering. It's a decent price at 80c sq ft so if I mess up it's not going to break the bank. It's a loop carpet which I *think* I prefer to the regular 'mat' style of car carpets.

I also decided that I'd do my own edging. Picked up some marine vinyl and had a go at a piece of the F5 for practice. Need to work on the corners but otherwise I'm happy with how it turned out. Will do some more practice pieces.

FFR6243RD, MkIII, 3.55, IRS, pin-drive width, carb'd 351W, T5, 1/2 dropped butt, Fortes hydraulic clutch, deep dish AC-III wheels by Team III. 9 year build; NY registered 7/18/2016 - "Sweet 16" winner at 2016 Taconic State Nationals 5 days later ... in 'rough as hell' gel coat for the foreseeable future! Build Blog - Leave me a comment!

Register your car with the Factory Five Cars Rule! mobile app available from the app store

Post Thanks / Like
    Like the look, once you get the corners ironed out - it will look killer!

Chris
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it! I'm not installing the carpet until I after paint.... waiting till late Feb. I'm painting myself and waiting on the weather to warm up. I'm also adding marine vinyl edging. If you find something better than Lowes's "Black Ice" carpet, please share.
    MK4 Build #9035 Delivered 2/17/17, First Start & Go-Kart 6/2/17, Licensed 9/1/17
    Paint - Lightning Blue Metallic, No Hood Scoop, No Stripes
    Gen 2 Coyote Engine & TKO-600. Solid Axle, 8.8-3.55, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Roll Bars
    Heater and Glove Box, Drop Trunk, Wipers, Radio, FFR Vintage Gauges, Custom Dash
    Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-Build-9035

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you stitching the edging to the carpet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes - stitched upside down, then rolled over to make the edge and sewn again from the top.
    FFR6243RD, MkIII, 3.55, IRS, pin-drive width, carb'd 351W, T5, 1/2 dropped butt, Fortes hydraulic clutch, deep dish AC-III wheels by Team III. 9 year build; NY registered 7/18/2016 - "Sweet 16" winner at 2016 Taconic State Nationals 5 days later ... in 'rough as hell' gel coat for the foreseeable future! Build Blog - Leave me a comment!

Register your car with the Factory Five Cars Rule! mobile app available from the app store