Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Front SS Brake Line Rubbing

Post Thanks / Like

Front SS Brake Line Rubbing

Hello all, Couple of questions. I upgraded to Stoptech stainless steel lines on my stock 2004 wrx calipers. The banjo fitting on the caliper is straight no bend and as a result the line wants to rub on wheel. (stock wrx wheels) should the front brakes have a slight bend in the banjo fitting, will this go away when moving to 17" wheels on the front? Ill try to get an image posted here in a min

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    You have to make a bracket to hold them away from the wheel. I have mine temp tied down to the hub brackets tell I get a bracket made to hold them onto the bracket.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would add that, before final placement of the brackets that you make sure that it doesn't bind when turning the wheel lock to lock left and right. And to be sure that the aluminum panels can be installed without having to redo it .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flynntuna View Post
    I would add that, before final placement of the brackets that you make sure that it doesn't bind when turning the wheel lock to lock left and right. And to be sure that the aluminum panels can be installed without having to redo it .
    thanks, Ive got the aluminum installed already and hole drilled to allow the fitting to pass through on the bracket.

@redfogo, any images of the bracket you made?

any issues with drilling and tapping a 10-32 button head to loctite to the hub bracket?

Post Thanks / Like
    I did the same as redfogo. I just cut a small piece of aluminum angle, to make an L bracket. I can't remember if I used a 3/16" rivet or drilled and tapped it to the hub bracket but either will work. The brake line should have a little rubber grommet on it that you can slide into place on your bracket (after cutting a hole for it in the bracket of course). There are pics of it in my build thread but I'm not sure which page they are on. Probably pretty early in the thread (first 5-7 pages). Search for "Hindsight's build thread".