BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Greetings from Northern Kentucky!

Waiting for my 65 Coupe nskaats's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Greetings from Northern Kentucky!

I guess I should get around to introducing myself here! My name is Nick Skaats from Hebron, Ky (about 10 minutes south of Cincinnati). I've been following FFR since I discovered them as a teenager in the mid 1990s. I've been itching to build a car for a long time and finally got around to ordering a Coupe kit yesterday. I wanted to build a roadster, but the Daytona coupe is a road less traveled and fits my style a little better.

I've always been a hobbyist and worked at a local speed shop for several years before they closed down. I started my own company, Skaats Precision Motorsports early this year. We do a little bit of everything performance oriented, but the vast majority of it is LS based engine platforms with some Ford and Mopar mixed in. I've even done some tuning on local FFR cars which really made that itch to build one exponentially worse. I got dragged back into the SCCA world last year after about an 8 year hiatus and decided to go all out building a car with a singular purpose, which is why I decided to go the FFR route. It seemed like a natural fit for lightweight and a great chassis plus the obvious build quality. I'm really looking forward to my first build of hopefully many more in the future!

Enough of my ramblings, do we have any other FFR guys in the Greater Cincinnati area?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in Hamersville Ohio. I'm building an 818 coupe if you'd like to see one.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the link. I'll check out the group. May even offer up my place for a meet or two.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. Will you be building your Coupe with an LS? Post and share. Love to follow our progress.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Straversi View Post
    Welcome. Will you be building your Coupe with an LS? Post and share. Love to follow our progress.
    -Steve
    I will definitely be doing an LS based build on this one. With my business being what it is, it would be silly not to. I really feel this is the perfect engine platform for the chassis as well. It'll be 347 cubic inches and roughly 575-600 hp. I'll get pictures and updated coming as soon as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    We're not far up the road in the Columbus area. Just touch base before you come up. We'll be out at Barrett-Jackson much of January, for example.
    Doug
    Former Design Director at FormaCars

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum Nick. I will be watching your build thread with great interest.

-Mark
    MK4 #9130 , complete kit, arrived 8/10/2017, Street Legal 2/14/2020.
    DART SHP 347, EFI, TKO600, IRS
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...n-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug @ Forma View Post
    We're not far up the road in the Columbus area. Just touch base before you come up. We'll be out at Barrett-Jackson much of January, for example.
    I'm up in Columbus a couple times a year. I'd be happy to stop by.