Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: High/low beam toggle

Post Thanks / Like

High/low beam toggle

The only toggle I have left that has 2 positions for high and low beam...has 6 small pins(2-rows of 3). My wiring harness has only 3 wires (high beam, low beam, switch) and they have large spade connectors.
    I could split and put 2 connectors on each wire or should I have received a 3 spade 2 position toggle from FFR????
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I could be wrong, because I did the base kit. But you need a 2 position 3 spade. It is a Single Throw Double Pole switch. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Post Thanks / Like
    that's the switch for the hazard flashers

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps they don't provide a switch for the high/low? Some builders use the more traditional foot switch for that purpose. That switch might be for hazard lights?

Post Thanks / Like
    the six prong switch is for the flashers. If using the RF harness, you will have 4 wires going to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brrgy View Post
    The only toggle I have left that has 2 positions for high and low beam...has 6 small pins(2-rows of 3). My wiring harness has only 3 wires (high beam, low beam, switch) and they have large spade connectors.
    I could split and put 2 connectors on each wire or should I have received a 3 spade 2 position toggle from FFR????
    Thanks!

From left to right: turn signal, hi/lo beam, hazard flasher

By the way, I ended up using a floor mounted hi/lo beam switch - details in my build thread.
    Last edited by Papa; 01-02-2018 at 08:09 PM.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alv69 View Post
    that's the switch for the hazard flashers
    Correct, I have an early MK4 basic kit and purchased the RF wiring kit from FFR and that switch is for the hazards.

Chris
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    IF that's the only switch you have left, you can use it (or get another 3 prong type), just wire one side only.

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the responses guys!!!
    I was shorted the high/low beam switch and FFR is mailing one out.