Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Clutch fork position?

Post Thanks / Like

Clutch fork position?

I'm assembling my 2016 Gen-2 Coyote, Ram clutch, Tremec bellhousing, fork/pivot, and TKO600, sourced as a package from Forte's. My question is regarding the fork position. I've read that folks try for centering the fork in the slot with it coming straight out the side, but my fork is within 1/8" of the back of the slot when I gently push the fork forward against the clutch.

This leads me to believe that my pivot bolt is too long, but it's a fixed-length version and was sourced from Forte's along with the fork and everything else. It would surprise me if the bolt is incorrect for this application, but I guess it's possible.

The pictures should show what I'm talking about.

IMG_2563.JPG
    IMG_2564.JPG
    Mk4 #8861 Complete kit. Delivered: 27 Apr 2016, currently a roller.
    Gen-2 Coyote, clutch, TKO600, midshift, and solid axle from Forte. Many pieces from Breeze and Replicarparts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Call Mike Forte. He will walk you through it. There were two pivot bolts in the package he sent me. He is great to work with.
    -Steve.
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    That does look too tight. As the clutch wears, it will push the fork back even more. I had the opposite problem, my pivot was too short and my fork was too far forward. If you can't find a shorter pivot ball stud, just cut one or two threads off, it won't take much to make a big difference. McLeod had a longer one that worked for me. Maybe they have shorter as well.
    Last edited by boat737; 01-03-2018 at 12:41 AM.
    If Brute Force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    Basic Stuff: MK4 Complete Kit #8439, Wilwood's, 17" Halibrands. Extra Stuff: Stainless brake and fuel lines, Breeze cooling, Battery mount, SS Roll Bar. Old Fart Stuff: Heater, Seat Heaters, Footbox Fresh Air, Stereo, Keyless ignition, Power Steering, Hyd Clutch.
    Young & Dumb Stuff: 427w Dart, TKO600, 3 link Moser M9/Ford 9", 3.5:1, Eaton TruTrac Posi. Graduation Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Straversi View Post
    Call Mike Forte. He will walk you through it. There were two pivot bolts in the package he sent me. He is great to work with.
    -Steve.
    Same; two pivot bolts in the package from Forte. I also agree that calling Mike is a great idea. He talked me through my installation as well.

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike confirmed that I bought my Gen-2 Coyote before he started shipping two pivot bolts with the package. He's got a new (shorter) one in the mail, which means I should be installing the engine within a week. Can't wait to see that beast sitting in its permanent home.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Gen-2 Coyote, clutch, TKO600, midshift, and solid axle from Forte. Many pieces from Breeze and Replicarparts.

Forte's Parts Connection
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    The pivoot ball supplied by Ford is to long for the Coyote aluminum bellhousing. It measures 2 inches. I have a solid pivot that works perfectly that measures 1.5 inches. I also sell an adjustable pivot ball.
    Mike Forte: Forte's Parts Connection / Framingham, Mass. 01702 / 508 875 0016 / [email protected] / fortesparts.com / Facebook Instagram: @fortespartconnection Est: 1981 dealing performance parts to build your dream car. A REAL SPEED SHOP with parts, price & knowledge. Developer of the early Ford & FE Tremec and Mustang firewall adjustable quadrant kits, external slave clutch release conversions & cable release conversions. Tremec Elite, FORD RACING & QUICKTIME DISTRIBUTOR!

Post Thanks / Like
    Aaaaand here's the fork position with the correct pivot. Thanks Mike!
    IMG_2570.JPG

Forte's Parts Connection
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks perfect!!!
    Mike Forte: Forte's Parts Connection / Framingham, Mass. 01702 / 508 875 0016 / [email protected] / fortesparts.com / Facebook Instagram: @fortespartconnection Est: 1981 dealing performance parts to build your dream car. A REAL SPEED SHOP with parts, price & knowledge. Developer of the early Ford & FE Tremec and Mustang firewall adjustable quadrant kits, external slave clutch release conversions & cable release conversions. Tremec Elite, FORD RACING & QUICKTIME DISTRIBUTOR!