Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Huntington Beach???

Post Thanks / Like

Huntington Beach???

Does anyone know the dates of the Huntington Beach Show this year???

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mauldin View Post
    Does anyone know the dates of the Huntington Beach Show this year???
    It's usually the last Saturday of April (the 28th this year) but I'd check with FFR to be sure.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    We have it on good authority, The Huntington Beach Cruise-In will be April 28th 2018. Good enough authority for me to already make reservations for that weekend . . .

Unless there are last minute changes (made over the next four months) that's the date.

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Doc's right; it is on the 28th this year.

Don't forget about the Friday cruise/BBQ!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I put it on my calendar last May, the BBQ that is.
    I can't believe I built it, and it runs!

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can view all of the events the Factory Five will be going to this year on our website here - https://www.factoryfive.com/event-schedule/.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    BluePrint Engines will be there!!! looking forward to a great event.
    Check out our crate engine offerings at www.factoryfiveengines.com
    Give us a call at 1.800.483.4263

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    If driving there. Where is a good place to park a trailer that my cobra will be in or a hotel with that kind of parking?
    20th Anniversary MK4 Roadster, #8752, 18 of 20, Delivered 12/03/15, 1st Start 01/28/2017, off to paint 4/13/2017, Forte 351w/ Holley EFI, Forte throttle linkage, TKO 600/Forte Hyd. Clutch, UniSteer Electra Steering, RT's turn Signals, many Breeze parts, Paint by the Jeff Miller. Finished on 10/08/2017. 500 mile inspection on 10/21/2017, 3000 mile inspection on 1/14/19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RR20AC View Post
    If driving there. Where is a good place to park a trailer that my cobra will be in or a hotel with that kind of parking?
    Call ahead - some hotels do have trailer parking and some don't...

I also make room for 4-5 trailers in front of my house for the weekend. You can arrive for the BBQ on Friday, unload your FFR, and leave the whole rig or trailer until Sunday night. These parking spaces are reserved through the city so no worries about tickets.

PS if trailering directly to HB for the show, trailer and rig parking is on Main Street just north of the show. I'll be shuttling folks during the morning and most just walk to their rig in the afternoon.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks David. Guess I should start checking now as we are planning to go. Jim
    20th Anniversary MK4 Roadster, #8752, 18 of 20, Delivered 12/03/15, 1st Start 01/28/2017, off to paint 4/13/2017, Forte 351w/ Holley EFI, Forte throttle linkage, TKO 600/Forte Hyd. Clutch, UniSteer Electra Steering, RT's turn Signals, many Breeze parts, Paint by the Jeff Miller. Finished on 10/08/2017. 500 mile inspection on 10/21/2017, 3000 mile inspection on 1/14/19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post

I also make room for 4-5 trailers in front of my house for the weekend. You can arrive for the BBQ on Friday, unload your FFR, and leave the whole rig or trailer until Sunday night. These parking spaces are reserved through the city so no worries about tickets.
    I just picked up my new trailer yesterday. If they are not already taken, please reserve one of those parking spaces in front of your house for me. I am looking forward to coming to the show this year, but really the highlight is the BBQ at your place!

Are there traditionally any activities on Sunday after the show? Perhaps another run up the coast? Brunch? Just thinkin'!! Seems a shame to waste any time on the California Coast!
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post

Are there traditionally any activities on Sunday after the show? Perhaps another run up the coast? Brunch? Just thinkin'!! Seems a shame to waste any time on the California Coast!
    We have been putting a Sunday morning breakfast and cruise through the San Gabriel Mountain roads the last tree years running. There is always room for another car, come out and join us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I will put that on the schedule. DO you head out toward Julian, or more towards Anza or up to the observatory?
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    My wife and I are planning on bringing our under-construction Cobra by trailer. Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels that allow trailer parking?

thanks,

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be there. It will be attempt at Durability Run 2.0. Hopefully by time for the Friday festivities.
    I currently looking for hotels, AirBnb, Vrbo, etc. Where do most of you stay? Any one with recommendations.
    Mike M.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoen View Post
    I'll be there. It will be attempt at Durability Run 2.0. Hopefully by time for the Friday festivities.
    I currently looking for hotels, AirBnb, Vrbo, etc. Where do most of you stay? Any one with recommendations.
    Mike M.
    FFR usually has a host hotel just a block away from the show. In the past, we've stayed at a Best Western in Buena Park, about a 15-min drive.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Thanks! I will put that on the schedule. DO you head out toward Julian, or more towards Anza or up to the observatory?
    We meet up at Maniac Mike's (the cafe @ Cable airport), have breakfast, then head up through Glendora Mtn. Road, then down through San Gabriel Canyon to Azuza Cyn. Road.
    Frank

Forte's Parts Connection
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys,
    I'm planning a flight to attend this event. My daughter moved closeby and i'll be visiting for the weekend!!! I'm psyched!!!
    Mike Forte: Forte's Parts Connection / Framingham, Mass. 01702 / 508 875 0016 / [email protected] / fortesparts.com / Facebook Instagram: @fortespartconnection Est: 1981 dealing performance parts to build your dream car. A REAL SPEED SHOP with parts, price & knowledge. Developer of the early Ford & FE Tremec and Mustang firewall adjustable quadrant kits, external slave clutch release conversions & cable release conversions. Tremec Elite, FORD RACING & QUICKTIME DISTRIBUTOR!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can we get details on the Friday cruise / BBQ? Would love to attend. We are driving down from Vegas for the show.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill,
    Not to step on Dave's parade or anything like that . . . Dave will post a map and directions to his home weeks before the BBQ, so he can get an approximate head count. He lives in Corona Del Mar, close to PCH.

I'll see you there if you're going to HB this year. When are you planning to leave for So Cal? Mike and I leave Thursday and you are more then welcome to "caravan" with us if you want. Not sure how many are going along this year . . . I need to talk to the Saturday C&C guys.

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blocker View Post
    Bill,
    Not to step on Dave's parade or anything like that . . . Dave will post a map and directions to his home weeks before the BBQ, so he can get an approximate head count. He lives in Corona Del Mar, close to PCH.

I'll see you there if you're going to HB this year. When are you planning to leave for So Cal? Mike and I leave Thursday and you are more then welcome to "caravan" with us if you want. Not sure how many are going along this year . . . I need to talk to the Saturday C&C guys.

Doc
    We would love to join your caravan for the trip down! Keep us updated and we will tag along. Your versions always sound like more fun :-)