Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: My Mk3 at Barrett-Jackson for 3rd time

Post Thanks / Like

My Mk3 at Barrett-Jackson for 3rd time

I had lots of fun building #6228 Mk3 and sold it at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale in January 2011 with 9,000 miles on the odom. The buyer paid $42,900 and I got back the cash I spent building it. He said he owned several car dealerships and a car collection in Austin, TX, and wanted a fun car to drive. He had his "chief mechanic" add a supercharger.

In January 2014, he brought it back to Barrett-Jackson where it sold for about $49.5K. He told me he had lots of fun with it and I think he got his money back also.

Now, after another 4 years, it has been entered in the auction again so it will be interesting to see the sales price as it crosses the block on Wednesday. Here's the listing:

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...OADSTER-212510

I look forward to seeing my Mk3 again and hope she's been treated nicely.
    Last edited by AZPete; 01-10-2018 at 05:51 PM. Reason: corrected dates and prices
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Pete, that is very cool! I never got to see it before you sold it, so I will be looking for it at BJ. Thus far I am going on Saturday the 13th and Tuesday the 16th. When are you planning on going? From the listing, it looks fantastic! (just what I expected actually!!) Talk to you soon.
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be there every day so I'll call your cell to coordinate.
    I've got a Guest Pass available on Sat and Tues.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    I felt like seeing a child out in the world making a living! My Mk3 looks like she has had loving care and maintenance! She is polished to a gleaming finish, no stone chips, no dings nor scratches. The second owner added the Kenne Bell supercharger but otherwise I see no other changes made, nor any signs of wear after seven years since I sold it here in 2011. I don't know how many miles she's had so I'll see the odometer when it's driven onto the block on Wednesday. I hope I can meet the current owner to hear about the last 4 years.
    front 8x8.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AZPete; 01-14-2018 at 11:49 AM. Reason: photo

Post Thanks / Like
    Why is there two cars with the same lot number 505.1? Are they auctioned off as a pair?

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...HARDTOP-138099

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill, the Malibu is from B-J 2013.

Post Thanks / Like
    My #6228 Mk3 sold for $44,000. I was hoping for more, but at least it sold for slightly more than it sold for 7 years ago. If you bought a new car 7 years ago, today it would be worth MUCH less. Bottom line: FFR maintains value.
    I was surprised to see the odometer is only 12,332, so it has been driven only 3,000 miles in the last 7 years. I met the seller who said he's only put on about 300 miles and has kept it in a warehouse with other "fun" cars in Tempe, AZ. I'm pleased that he said that it always started quickly and drove well with no problems, except the accelerator pedal got bent . . . "maybe on of my boys mashed it." It was nice to see my Mk3 buddy is in great shape and now going to give the 4th owner some miles and smiles.

Oh, the rear tires have a date code of Sept 2013 so 2nd owner replaced them. No surprise there.
    Last edited by AZPete; 01-21-2018 at 01:38 PM. Reason: tires

Post Thanks / Like
    So COOL!!!!! I really enjoyed getting to look it over. Sweet ride! Glad you got to meet the owner!