Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Walbro 190LPH Fuel Pump Kit Strainer

Post Thanks / Like

Walbro 190LPH Fuel Pump Kit Strainer

I can't seem to figure out how to attach the strainer to this Walbro 190 LPH Fuel Pump Kit that I received via Mike Forte with my Coyote order. He says it is a push lock retainer, but when I try to push the thing on the end of the pump, it keeps popping off. Does anyone have experience with this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jdavis500; 01-11-2018 at 05:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like Mike said, push the filter/strainer onto the end of the pump intake. It has to go on far enough that the end of the plastic pump intake is past the ridged inside edge of the metal retain on the strainer. Give it a good push.

Post Thanks / Like
    I changed my approach and laid the strainer down on the bench and forced the pump intake down onto it and finally got it to join. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Strainer needs to be oriented so it lines up with the baffle in the tank with the pump installed.
    www.breezeautomotive.com 2005 FFR Mk3 Roadster, 302/340hp, MassFlo EFI, Breeze Pulleys, T5, Aluminum Flywheel, 3-link rear with Torsen Diff and 3.27:1 gears, Power Steering, Breeze Front Sway Bar, SN-95 Spindles with outboard SAI Mod, Breeze Battery Mount, QA1 Externally Adjustable Shocks, Quick Release Steering Wheel, Vintage Race seats, GM Arctic White, Sky Blue Scoop, Hidden Hinges, Billet Aluminum Side-view Mirrors, 2,183lbs wet. 1967 Mustang Fastback, Dark Moss Green, black interior, '67 14" styled steel wheels, 2000 Explorer 302 w 5.0 Cam, Quickfuel 450 CFM, 289 Hi-Po Dual exhaust, C4, lowering springs w Shelby drop.