Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Got Insurance and Reg today!

Post Thanks / Like

Got Insurance and Reg today!

The day I placed my order, I promised my wife she'd be there for the first "not just around the block at under 20mph" drive on the street.
    Today, got my 30 day temp rego, and insurance. .. and .. well... the tank is near E.. so.. I'm going to have to drive it to the Gas Station obviously!
    Feelin' like a 9yr old on Xmas... as soon as my wife gets home from work... first street legal drive!! (benefit of living in the South, it's 55F today)

Hopefully.. passing inspection next week, followed by title.. and a few months of "gel-coat" driving before final paint!!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's gotta be exciting! Keep it between the lines, and we're all expecting some pics of the milestone. Oh, and... send some of that warm air up here.
    Roadster #9146. Complete Kit, 363 w/Jim Inglese Weber Carbs, Forte TKO600 w/Hydraulic Clutch, IRS, Wilwood Brakes, F & R Sway Bars, 17" Halibrands, Power Steering, Breeze Front Battery Kit, Herb's Door Panels, and who knows what else left to be added.
    Ordered 5/19/17. Delivered 8/18/17. Slowly Building.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll see what I can do about sharing the warm air.. in the mean time.... here's what Winter in Texas is like.

Last edited by skidd; 01-05-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, what a great milestone. And a tribute to your patience that you could wait until your wife got home!
    MK4 #7838: IRS 3.55 TrueTrac T5z Dart 347
    The drawing is from ~7th grade, mid-1970s
    Meandering, leisurely build thread is here

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey , great time of the year to be at that point, congrates, keep driving!!!!
    Walt
    FFR8237 Donor build 89 GT , MK 4 , T5 , 17 " hallibrands 9" front 10.5 rear ,4×4 headers stainless mufflers, dual chrome roll bars, coil overs all 4,A/C and heater , soft top, 3:55 gears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Yes, please, send the warmth up here!

Be safe and keep the rubber side down!

Steve
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just cuz... update...
    Drove to the Tax Office to apply for Full Title and Registration... Success! Bwooyeah! Plates!! We're in business now!!
    Passed inspection with flying colors, managed to bring everything I needed to the tax office, walked out with a smile!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great , the fun can start now.
    You going to be at the Texas Cobra Meet in April?
    Walt
    FFR8237 Donor build 89 GT , MK 4 , T5 , 17 " hallibrands 9" front 10.5 rear ,4×4 headers stainless mufflers, dual chrome roll bars, coil overs all 4,A/C and heater , soft top, 3:55 gears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome. Looks like you are in San Antonio. I am out by Fair Oaks. If you see a lunatic flagging you down in a cobra (red with silver stripes) or a dark gray Tundra, it's me. I'll be on the lookout for some red gel coat.
    FFR MK4 Complete Kit #8952
    Build Thread
    Bodywork Thread
    3 Link Rear Suspension, Gordon Levy 347 SBF with T5
    First start Feb 20, 2017, First Go Kart March 5, 2017, Registered & Title April 25, 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobinsonx2 View Post
    Awesome. Looks like you are in San Antonio. I am out by Fair Oaks. If you see a lunatic flagging you down in a cobra (red with silver stripes) or a dark gray Tundra, it's me. I'll be on the lookout for some red gel coat.
    Almost enough for a SA FFR car club. If you let in partially finished 33's that is
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Three makes a club. And a partially build 33 definitely counts. When the weather warms up, I need to come by and check out the 33.
    FFR MK4 Complete Kit #8952
    Build Thread
    Bodywork Thread
    3 Link Rear Suspension, Gordon Levy 347 SBF with T5
    First start Feb 20, 2017, First Go Kart March 5, 2017, Registered & Title April 25, 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Count me in! I'll keep my eyes out for you guys. I live up 281 just north of all the construction. P.S. bought a 12v heated motorcycle vest, so you'll see me out and about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is your 33 red? Were you just driving up 281 about 15 min ago? If so, that was me in my contacts at the Valero soon Marshall.