Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Painless Harness ID

Post Thanks / Like

Painless Harness ID

I am trying to id my wiring harness?? I called Painless and it was anything but . The tech support guy said there is no way to know what harness it is because they don't mark them! And there is no schematics because all you need to do is look at what is printed on the wire. I told him it was for a roadster and he said the only harness available was a 300... part number or ??? The picture of it is not right. So I looked around and found the 50002 race harness has the same fuse block. I am not sure it matters, but does anyone have the same fuse block and have a different part number for their harness?

My next step is to check the wire colors because the 50002 lists GM color code for the wires?

Also, did you get a schematic with your harness or just the install manual?

painless breakers.jpg50002 harness picture.jpg
    Mk3.1 347 AFR 205cc Heads A9L EFI siemens deca 60lb injectors MSD 6AL ignition Vortech V-3 3 Link PS/PB

-- If you can’t fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem ! —

Post Thanks / Like
    That fuse panel looks like the one I have and is from kit 10101 and is pretty much generic. The new replacement is 10102 and is praised as a 21 circuit as opposed to the old 12 circuit. Not much change other than description imo. They just come with a manual and it has multiple wiring options depending on what kit you have. All wiring is marked and you can customize that even further.
    I'm just a victim of a thousand physic wars!
    www.weendoggy.com/cobra.htm