Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Less than 3 weeks from my completion date

Post Thanks / Like

Less than 3 weeks from my completion date

Hi everyone, I figured it’s time to finally post. I placed my roadster order back in September of 2021 and the long wait is almost over. Looking forward to starting my build and build thread. In the mean time, I’ve been working on cleaning out the garage and building a frame dolly. Now I’m trying to decide what to do with the body, where I’ll store it and how. If anyone in the DFW area has a body buck they no longer need I’ll gladly take it off your hands

Pic of the dolly which I may still paint or stain and will be adding carpet as well to protect the frame.

4B07D909-D26C-41C3-BD1F-48EB49A4BF5F.jpg

Order details:
    • MK IV COMPLETE KIT
    • 4.6L ENGINE/TRANS MOUNTS
    • HYDRAULIC CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER KIT
    • 31 SPLINE 2015 IRS 10.50" DRIVESHAFT
    • BODY CUT-OUTS
    • BOX 9A BLACK VINYL SEATS
    • COYOTE POWER STEERING w/COMPLETE KIT
    • FRONT LOWER ARMS - STANDARD WIDTH
    • BOX 11Z - 2015 IRS PARTS w/COMPLETE KIT
    • 2015-17 MANUAL DRIVESHAFT ADAPTER
    • 17x9/10.5, 5LUG HALIBRAND REPLICA WHEELS
    • ROADSTER WIPER KIT
    • 1.50" MK IV LH CHROME ROLL BAR UPGRADE
    • ASSEMBLED SIDE LOUVER SET
    • GEN 3 COYOTE INSTALLATION KIT
    • 2018 IRS 3.55 CENTER SECTION & SPINDLES
    • 12.88" FRONT WILWOOD BRAKES-BLACK W/KIT
    • 12.88" 2015 IRS WILWOOD BRAKE KIT-BLACK
    • POWDERCOATING ROADSTER CHASSIS
    • Aluminator 52xs 5.2L from Mike Forte

Thanks for reading and nice to meet everyone. I’m sure you’ll be hearing plenty from me in the build thread as my previous mechanical experience is limited to brake and oil changes but I’m excited for the experience.
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 04-24-2022 at 03:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m not sure why the photo was rotated. Any tips on how to upload pictures so they are in the correct orientation or how to change them after the fact? I tried to edit it, but no luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
    I’m not sure why the photo was rotated. Any tips on how to upload pictures so they are in the correct orientation or how to change them after the fact? I tried to edit it, but no luck.
    You need to turn them from your computer before the upload. Phones are quick to realize what orientation a pic should be, but old vBulletin style forums are not.

Are you putting the Aluminator or a 4.6L in that Roadster? It's hard to tell from your description.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MB750 View Post
    You need to turn them from your computer before the upload. Phones are quick to realize what orientation a pic should be, but old vBulletin style forums are not.

Are you putting the Aluminator or a 4.6L in that Roadster? It's hard to tell from your description.

I uploaded it from my phone which had it in the correct orientation. I’ll have to try again later.

I’m doing the A52XS. I just copied everything from the order form. The 4.6L engine mounts are for the coyote/aluminator.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! I ordered my kit in September also and it's due date is less than two weeks away. So we're right together, I'm sure we'll be on the same truck.

I had that issue with pictures from my phone also. I save them off to my computer, then open in Paint, crop anything i want removed, and resave. For some reason this fixes the rotation issue. I think it has to do with the code for the forum being a couple of decades old. I also use an image resizer tool to cut the size way down.

Good luck!
    My build thread https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Roadster-Build

Thread on Stainless Steel AN brake lines.

Thread on fasteners and torque wrenches.

6. Thanks Anonymoose thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Bray View Post
    Welcome! I ordered my kit in September also and it's due date is less than two weeks away. So we're right together, I'm sure we'll be on the same truck.

I had that issue with pictures from my phone also. I save them off to my computer, then open in Paint, crop anything i want removed, and resave. For some reason this fixes the rotation issue. I think it has to do with the code for the forum being a couple of decades old. I also use an image resizer tool to cut the size way down.

Good luck!
    Thanks for the info, I’ll give that a shot!

Crazy that we both ordered on the 9/29/21, sounds like we’ll definitely be on the same truck.

Post Thanks / Like
    I uploaded it from my phone which had it in the correct orientation. I’ll have to try again later.

I’m doing the A52XS. I just copied everything from the order form. The 4.6L engine mounts are for the coyote/aluminator.
    iPhones save the orientation (modified) in the embedded data in the jpg, instead of refactoring the raw image data. A lot of forums shave off the image EXIF data in the jpg image.

Paint on a winders box can do the “refactor” legwork, as Mike mentioned. Apple computers likely can as well with their equivalent image tweaking software.
    Rob Windsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like an incredible build. I'm waiting for mine with a November 5th build date. I was looking at the 52XS as well and would love to include it in my build. Will the 52XS engine fit without any modification? What transmission did you pair it with - T-56 Magnum? I didn't see this option on Mike Forte's website. Was it a special order? Do you think you will have any problems with registration since Ford Racing states that it is not for street use. By the way, I live in Aledo, just west of Fort Worth; we should share stories as we work through our builds since I'm somewhat limited in car building experience as well. I have all the correct tools and more, so I'm confident I can work through it. Let's just hope it's not false confidence.

David.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DIBaledo View Post
    Looks like an incredible build. I'm waiting for mine with a November 5th build date. I was looking at the 52XS as well and would love to include it in my build. Will the 52XS engine fit without any modification? What transmission did you pair it with - T-56 Magnum? I didn't see this option on Mike Forte's website. Was it a special order? Do you think you will have any problems with registration since Ford Racing states that it is not for street use. By the way, I live in Aledo, just west of Fort Worth; we should share stories as we work through our builds since I'm somewhat limited in car building experience as well. I have all the correct tools and more, so I'm confident I can work through it. Let's just hope it's not false confidence.

David.
    Hey David. I called Mike and ordered over the phone/email. We'd chat and then he would send me an order via email. I find it's worth calling just to chat with him. I ordered the Tremec TKX over the t-56. From my understanding the t-56 would need to be modified but everything else should fit with no modifications. The TKX fits without modifying according to Mike. As for registration, I'd be more worried if I was in California but I'm assuming it'll be fine here in Texas. I'll face that when it comes but I've seen others on the road with it so I haven't been too worried about it.

Good luck on your build. Definitely message me when you get yours and in the meantime if you want to follow mine you can see updates here, I'm moving slow but working through it all: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...d-in-Dallas-TX
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 06-03-2022 at 07:24 PM.
    My Build Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...d-in-Dallas-TX

Roadster complete kit. Ordered: 9/29/21 | Delivered: 5/24/22

Post Thanks / Like
    I spoke to Mike Forte and pulled the trigger on the Aluminator A52XS. I'm sticking with the T56 transmission. My understanding is that the issue is the length of the drivetrain and the driveshaft would need to be modified. However, after a little research and speaking with FFR, it seems that the 52XS with a T56 is exactly the same size as a 5.0 Coyote with a T56. Makes sense because the 5.0 and 5.2 use the same block. FFR already has a shortened driveshaft for the Coyote with the T56 and it should work fine with the Aluminator/T56 combination. By the way, I continue to be astonished by the helpfulness of this entire community. I called Mike as you suggested and I think we spoke for well over an hour. He's a fountain of knowledge and was truly willing to help me however he could.

Thanks again!

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DIBaledo View Post
    I spoke to Mike Forte and pulled the trigger on the Aluminator A52XS. I'm sticking with the T56 transmission. My understanding is that the issue is the length of the drivetrain and the driveshaft would need to be modified. However, after a little research and speaking with FFR, it seems that the 52XS with a T56 is exactly the same size as a 5.0 Coyote with a T56. Makes sense because the 5.0 and 5.2 use the same block. FFR already has a shortened driveshaft for the Coyote with the T56 and it should work fine with the Aluminator/T56 combination. By the way, I continue to be astonished by the helpfulness of this entire community. I called Mike as you suggested and I think we spoke for well over an hour. He's a fountain of knowledge and was truly willing to help me however he could.

Thanks again!

David
    Really like your choice of the a52xs. I bought the a50xs engine for my build. With that, I was a little surprised by the lack of lower end tq. The engine red lines at 8K rpm and makes it power above 3K rpm.
    I too chose 3.55 gears. It seems I drive a one gear lower than I normally would to stay in a better power rpm range. The Coyote is so smooth it not an issue and keeps the car more responsive.

My whole point of this post is, you might want to consider going 3.73 gears. With the T56 having a 6th gear option of 0.50 you would not be hurting your hiway cruise rpm and mileage and I am confident the 3.73 is correct for the AxxXS engines.

By the way, I have a low mileage Torsen 3.73 carrier sitting on the work bench. Just being lazy not getting it swapped out.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.