Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dan Gurney passing

Trick Tool Maker, Super Moderator Hankl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dan Gurney passing

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (AP) -- Dan Gurney, the first driver with victories in each of the Formula One, IndyCar and NASCAR Cup series, died Sunday from complications of pneumonia. He was 86.

"With one last smile on his handsome face, Dan drove off into the unknown just before noon today," said the statement signed by Evi Gurney, the Gurney family and AAR teammates.

"In deepest sorrow, with gratitude in our hearts for the love and joy you have given us during your time on this earth, we say, `Godspeed."

“If you didn’t have enough time to do it right the first time. How come you always have time to go back and do it again?” FFR1000186CP

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard the news and it was very sad, he was quite a lengend! I was lucky enough to meet him and get is autograph in my coupe book a few years ago at Montery, RIP dan!