Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Roadster Insurance in Kentucky???

Post Thanks / Like

Roadster Insurance in Kentucky???

Hi all,

Just moved to the Louisville area from Wisconsin. I had Progressive insurance there but here in Louisville they are only interested in full coverage year round and I usually put it in storage for 3 months of the year. I was asked told I could check with Haggerty Insurance. Checked with them and they are saying they have decided to no longer insure cobra replicas...what???

Anyone here in Louisville have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Bryan

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that's disappointing, since that was going to be my first option. I have a buddy who has his 68 Camaro insured with Grundy's, and has been impressed by both coverage and rates. Might be worth a check.

Cheers,

-- John
    MK4 #7838: IRS 3.55 TrueTrac T5z Dart 347
    The drawing is from ~7th grade, mid-1970s
    Meandering, leisurely build thread is here

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems that this isn't a recent change. I found this article from 2001:

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news...hrough-hagerty

I'm using American national Property and Casualty to insure mine. Right now it's insured as a project at an agreed value equaling my invoices. Once it's finished, I'll need to get an appraisal and will be able to insure it at the appraised value with an agreed value policy.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I did grundy

We did an 40k as a go kart and until it was painted and then upped it to 55 once it was painted

Rick
    #8475 Complete Kit Delivered Nov 2014, started Nov 2015, Street Legal Apr 2016, Paint and Interior Completed Aug 2017, 390 BBF, March accessory kit, MSD Atomic EFI and Ready to run, TKO 500 with MidShift kit, hooker headers, 3 link, track lock with 3.55, sway bars, power steering, wipers, heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome - I forgot all about Grundy's!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the wife checked again and got ahold of someone else there. She was willing to quote it at Haggerty's. Guess it depend on who you reach there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info - I will check.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try Midwest Classic Insurance, Robin Terry 888-271-4000
    MK4 Build #9035 Delivered 2/17/17, First Start & Go-Kart 6/2/17, Licensed 9/1/17
    Paint - Lightning Blue Metallic, No Hood Scoop, No Stripes
    Gen 2 Coyote Engine & TKO-600. Solid Axle, 8.8-3.55, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Roll Bars
    Heater and Glove Box, Drop Trunk, Wipers, Radio, FFR Vintage Gauges, Custom Dash
    Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-Build-9035

Post Thanks / Like
    I insured with Haggerty June 2017. They did ask for detailed accounting of driving experience and membership in auto related clubs (ex: SCCA, NASA, local autox groups, HPDE experience, etc.). I have an agreed value above $50k. The rates are comparable to what I am paying for full coverage on a 2009 Silverado. Just wanted to reinforce what bbanshaws wife found that they do insure cobra replica's though they may be selective based on driving experience. I have found Haggerty's service team to be responsive, professional, and friendly (and no, I don't work for Haggerty).
    Mk4 Complete kit #8469: Levy Racing Stage 5 with Inglese stack. TKO 600, 3 link rear suspension. FAST Sportsman with dyno-tune. APE hardtop. Father & Son project, delivered Nov 2014, completed June 2017.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky2009 View Post
    Try Midwest Classic Insurance, Robin Terry 888-271-4000
    I went with Robin at Midwest and I'm very pleased with the coverage and premium.

Jay
    Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8658. 04 of 20. 3.31 IRS.
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.
    Road Legal August 31, 2017

Waiting for my 65 Coupe nskaats's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't hurt to call around to a few brokers as well. You'd be surprised at who covers what sometimes. I will probably start with a quote from Safeco. I never would have considered them, but my agent found them the cheapest with the best coverage when I bought my AM General. Apparently not many companies will cover a 23,000 lb six wheel drive truck with air brakes. But it only cost me a few dollars a month through them with no limitations.
    --Nick Skaats--
    Gen 3 Coupe #80 - LS1/T56 - SCCA Bound
    Link To Album For Updates