Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: $$$ All about the Benjamins

Post Thanks / Like

$$$ All about the Benjamins

What is would you say i the average cost and man hours per kit. For all of them?? Thank you.

Type 65----
    MkIV----
    '33 Roadster----
    GTM----
    Challenge-----

including the 818 (projected)----

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a pretty impossible question like "how long is a piece of string"
    Way too many variables and build levels (donor, non donor, single holly carb 302 vs stack injection custome build etc)

...master of none. CapeCoralCobra's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a poll from '09 (from the other forum) on roadster build $: http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fact...a-build-2.html

I was in the $20-$25K bracket, doing everything myself, but I'm always "improving" mine. So, with a new motor build, I'll be up one bracket.

As Timb said, man hours would be all over the place: non donor/all new parts vs. donor (tear down, refurbish), crate motor vs. self built, sending out for bodywork & paint vs. self done bodywork and home garage/rented booth paint job, basic no frills vs. so many possible upgrades, add-ons, and self fabrications (from small 1-2 hr items to major things, like cutting/welding frame components, exotic engine fits, and hinged, tilting front ends), etc. I think F5 says 200+ hrs for running the roadster in gel coat. My build, including donor, self re-built motor, self done bodywork & paint, multiple add-ons and self fabrications (all fairly small, but many hours to get right), around 1800 hours.

Obviously, models with roof & windows = many more hours.
    Alan, Mk 3.1 #7172, 308, GT40P heads, Crane roller rockers, TFS Stage 1 cam, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, Pro M 75mm MAF, March pulleys, Cobra spec T5, 3.73 8.8, Konis all around, 15" FFR Halibrands, Viper Red/Pure White Stripes.
    "There's nothing you can't do, only stuff you haven't done yet!" Randy Jones

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    THe 65 and roadster is 200 to drive in gel coat, 100 more for paint. the 33 should be similar, no one really knows on the GTM, if it were me , and I have assisted on a GTM build. I would think that the to drive stage for me might be around 300 hours, paint another 200......HTH steven
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.