BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dead spot in turn indicator

Post Thanks / Like

Dead spot in turn indicator

I have all of the wiring for the headlights/turn indicators/hazard lights working correctly. There is a spot when I start to engage the turn indicator to the left where neither the blinker or brake light is on. It is just before where the left turn clicks in. If I am not careful, it can stay in this dead spot. It looks like it is sending a signal for the brake lights to stop but not sending a signal for the turn signal to start. If I fully engage the arm, everything works fine and it functions properly on the right side. Is there a way to adjust this inside the steering column? Also, I have tried to take off the steering hub to look but it doesn't seem to want to budge. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the hub off by using one of these to help....https://www.homedepot.com/p/Faucet-H...X168/204218643

I did see any way to adjust anything. I can see where when the arm is pushed down slightly it breaks contact with in the brake circuit. There seemed to be a bunch of spring loaded stuff inside that I don't want flying around my garage. I guess I will live with it.