Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  50
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Octobersknight's 818 Build

Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest I've never looked at a pressure gauge when priming, the way I've always had them hooked up they aren't powered during cranking. What blomb said sounds about right, though I'd probably not let the fuel pump run dry. If I've had a motor sitting for a while I usually crank it a bit with no bang (protip, you can make the Subaru ECU supply 0 fuel during cranking over certain throttle percentages, I think the default DBW ECU maps have this). Another quick way to make it not run is to unplug the crank angle sensor.

Once I do that I start it for real. If it doesn't get "real" cold oil pressure (~30 psi depending on motor) in a few seconds I'd kill it and figure out what's going on.

I'm sure there's others here that have a more detailed procedure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ipmagruder, I have the fuel pump disconnected so it wont run dry why cranking to build oil pressure. Thanks for the reply. Hoping everything turns out okay. Also sorry if I kinda hijacked Octobersknight's thread. I had asked him about it here since I had read about his priming process earlier in the thread. I appreciate all the help everyone has provided, but I also want to be respectful of his thread. Octobersknight, I owe you a round of beers.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456