Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Andy Salvaggio

Trick Tool Maker, Super Moderator Hankl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Andy Salvaggio

Guys,

I just wanted to check in with all of you reference Andy's current condition. Many of you check or have e-mails sent to you from the CaringBridge site. Per Karen's last post of September 1st, the brain tumor is back and growing, with little or no options on halting the growth. Karen and I spoke today, and She wanted me to past along to all of you, how much its meant to Andy, Karen, and the family, your continuous and boundless, prayers and support during this difficult time. Karen also wanted to pass along, that many of the trials we have in life are a reminder that we can ill afford to waste even one day of our lives, not doing what brings us closer to our families and friends. That life is a journey, and to enjoy it, you have to be moving to a new destination every day, with occasionally stopping to smell the roses.

Hank
    “If you didn’t have enough time to do it right the first time. How come you always have time to go back and do it again?” FFR1000186CP

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no Hank!!! That is terrible. Please let Karen and Andy know they are in our prayers. Karen is correct though, "we can ill afford to waste even one day of our lives".
    Steve
    MK 3.1 #6422, Complete Kit, 340hp Ford Racing Crate Engine, WC T-5 Trans, 3.55 Rear, Barcelona Red Mica Metallic, Silver Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Hank, that is horrible news, please let them know we are thinking of them. Karen seems to have amazing perspective given all they have been through.
    MKIII #3835 IRS, Anderson Performance 408 Levy T-5 Trans, Team III Wheels
    Paint completed November 2010, passed NJ State Safety Inspection June 21st, Tagged and First Drive 7/1/2011

Post Thanks / Like
    What a shame, but I'm so glad I got to meet him and Karen at Huntington Beach this year. My thoughts and prayers are with them both during this unbelievably hard time...

Mark
    Modified Mustangs & Fords Project Snake Charmer

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster
    Tungsten Gray/Silver Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    That just sucks. I have never been lucky enough to have met Karen or Andy but think of them every day as I read Hanks updates. Their spirit and outlook on life is inspiring and I continue to hope for the best possible outcome.
    Mike............

FFR2100 - 331 with KB supercharger - T5 - 5 link rear 3.08's and T2 Torsen.

Post Thanks / Like

Friday, September 16, 2011 5:23 PM, PDT

Notifications
    September 16, 2011

Our courageous and wonderful Andy passed into the loving hands of our Lord this afternoon. He was at peace, and through the kindness of so many over the last weeks and months, he left us knowing how much he was loved. We know his loving mother, father, and sisters, as well as Robert, Paul, Ralph, and so many of our friends who passed before him, were there to receive him with the greatest of love. Our family is deeply saddened in our loss, but find solace in knowing he has now found true peace.

Andy was indeed an exceptional man, and he will forever be my hero. He lived an amazing life, and I count myself fortunate to have shared nearly twenty years with this man. Words will never fully express our family's gratitude for the unwavering love and support we've received from our family and friends. Thank you for your prayers and kindness.....We are truly blessed

Sincerely and with warmest regards...........................Karen
    ***SOLD!!! - NASA ST2 FFR#48 Gen3 Type65 Coupe R, Street legal.***
    ***SOLD!!! - NASA ST2 FFR#48 Challenge Car rolling chassis, Street legal.***
    http://johngeorgeracing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Godspeed, Andy.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Evan visited Papa's racecar today.......

#28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2011 Western Endurance Racing Championship
    2010 West Coast Champion
    Drive it.....Like you stole it!