Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: SMG Motoring's 33 Hot Rod Build

Post Thanks / Like

SMG Motoring's 33 Hot Rod Build

Some of you may know me but most of you do not, I am Fred Jr. of SMG Motoring Inc. in Mendon MA, located about 45 mins north of Factory Five. Over the past several years we have had the task of tuning some of FFR's house cars for events like the Hot Rod Power Tour, SEMA, UTCC and others. We have also tuned and worked on quite a few local FFR cars for customers over the years. I have been fortunate enough to meet a lot of you either at SEMA or while traveling with Factory Five on the Hot Rod Power Tour.

This year we (SMG Motoring Inc.) have decided to venture into building FFR cars, beginning with our own 33 Hot Rod project. The car will be in the Factory Five booth at this years SEMA Show.

The drivetrain of our hot rod will consist of an LS Engine and 4L60e transmission putting power to the ground through the new '15 and up Mustang IRS. It is yet to be decided if the car will have some sort of forced induction, or will be naturally aspirated, but we at SMG are horsepower addicts so the car will not disappoint in that department. Stopping the car will be a set of Wilwood Brakes on all four corners. The car will also be equipped with Air Conditioning and a removable soft top.

I wanted to post briefly to quickly introduce our new build and thank you all in advance for taking the time to look through our thread. Throughout the entire build we will be posting video's and photos of the process as well as helpful tips we have developed to help those of you working on your own FFR project in your home garage. Tony Z. of Factory Five has also asked us to post some short informational and tutorial videos of some the more technical points in the build and we hope you all enjoy and can learn from those.

We look forward to sharing our build with all of you and if you have questions or would like to have us video a point in the build that you could use assistance with please ask us!

I will be posting an introductory video in the next few days which will give you a little background on myself and what we do here at SMG Motoring as well as show you some of the beginning stages of our build. Here is a picture of our crew with the bare chassis.

IMG_6424.JPG
    Last edited by SMG Fred; 10-23-2017 at 10:57 AM.
    SMG Motoring Inc.
    Custom Performance Vehicles
    www.smgmotoringinc.com
    www.facebook.com/smgmotoring

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Luck Freddy, I am sure it will be amazing.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like

SMG's Steel Body '33 Hot Rod

Hey Everyone,

I know I slacked quiet a bit on this thread! I had all the intentions in the world of posting throughout the build process and that didn't end up happening. The shop got super busy this spring and summer (which is a great thing) and building this car and staying focused on customer work took up more time than expected! Through the birth of my first child into the mix and...well... here I am posting about the car now! haha

Some of you may have seen the assembled chassis in go-cart form at Barrett Jackson in Connecticut in FFR's booth and some of you make have gotten the chance to see the car in FFR's booth at SEMA 2017 this past Nov. This car received the prototype steel body that we stripped and repainted in Mopar True Blue. Its been a lot of fun building it and we are looking forward to the next project that is soon to come once this car finds a new home! Here are a few photos.

33 complete chassis.jpg

33 hot rod IRS.jpg

33 under car.jpg

33 hot rod sema 1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SMG Motoring Inc.
    www.smgmotoringinc.com

Post Thanks / Like
    SMG Motoring Inc.
    www.smgmotoringinc.com

Post Thanks / Like
    What Size wheel and tire combo is on the car? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Links come back as invalid attatchment