BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 02 quad shock mount

Post Thanks / Like

02 quad shock mount

quad bracket.jpgHi guys I noticed the placement of the rear hole in the 02 quad mount appears higher than the photo in the coupe build manual. Will mounting it like that throw the geometry off too much or should I redrill it. If I need to redrill can you give me an aproximate measurement from the top edge. Also do i retain the stock sway bar when using the 4 link?

Post Thanks / Like
    The quad shock is not critical. You could redrill the hole on the mustang shock mount to bolt it into our chassis.

The function of the quad shock is to eliminate wheel hop. In most cases you will not need to run the quad shock with our Mk4 kit. It helped alot on the older Mk1 frames because they had alot more flex which caused wheel hop. The Mk4's increased chassis stiffness eliminates the need for the quad shocks.

I would not run the quad shocks. If you do have wheel hop, you can add them later.

The rear sway bar adds grip to the front wheels. Our kits are designed to run fine without the sway bars. Adding the rear sway bar will make it easier for the back end to come around. The Mk4 only has a 90" wheel base. It will be easier to drive with the added rear grip without the rear sway bar.

Best regards,
    Brian Zakrzewski
    FFR Tech & Sales

Post Thanks / Like
    Brian,

Thanks for the response. With the rear weight bias on the coupe vs the roadster would the sway bar be benneficial