Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Project Question and Answer with Rhode Island School of Design's Michael Lye

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Although the folks at RISD were primarily students and academics, they represented the potential of getting SOME professional DESIGN input to this project. Ironically your pollyanna post appears in this particular thread, after RISD has been long pulled off this project.
    As I wrote, "maybe it will, but maybe not".

Post Thanks / Like
    olpro, none of my comments were for the benefit of the RISD students. Presumably because FFR set up this forum, they monitor it. If they find any value in my comment, I will be pleased. I don't know you, but from this post and the last it appears you have questions as to the ability of FFR to pull off this car. If the 818 doesn't do it for ya, there are thousands of other communities you could become involved with. We all have precious few moments in our life. Don't waste yours getting pissed over NOTHING. There is far too much real pain and suffering in this world to waste your anger on someone who is Pollyannaish on a car that is not even complete. Perhaps you have half a dozen Ferraris in your garage and your wow factor is through the roof. Me, they could wrap the frame in cardboard and I'd be pleased. My advise, when this forum is no longer fun, step away until it is. Peace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey,

I for one think as fans of FFR we should support them in their efforts. I'm not saying don't be critical, but also neither overly judgemental. They have a proven track record and are well respected in the industry. It is reasonable to expect them to put out a satisfactory product and at least meet their goals. They are putting significant time and resources behind the 818 project and they are a small company. I think that is unique and admirable.

Of courses...if the 818 turns out to be ugly and not fun I'm not buying one...not saying that will happen though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we can all hope for the best.

To go beyond that is a personal risk, but all your really are risking is getting your heart broke by a kit car company, not a girl.

Based on my personal experience with girls, it's gotta hurt less.
    George; Architect, Artist and Designer of Objects

1977 Porsche 911 Targa, 2.7L CIS Silver/Black, owned since 2003
    1998 Chevy S-10 Pick-Up Truck 4x4 4.3L V6 Black with front and rear spoilers
    1989 Scat II HP hovercraft with Cuyuna two stroke ULII-02, 35 hp with experimental skirt and sound control

Post Thanks / Like
    NonProfit, things have been a little slow 'round here lately. Don't take any offense with olpro. Without having any real reason to get agitated, he needs to make one. Much like a junkyard dog that barks at everyone driving past, he doesn't know any better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bromikl View Post
    NonProfit, things have been a little slow 'round here lately. Don't take any offense with olpro. Without having any real reason to get agitated, he needs to make one. Much like a junkyard dog that barks at everyone driving past, he doesn't know any better.

kek
    94 BB Rx-7 3030lb

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks bromikl!

Post Thanks / Like

true

Quote Originally Posted by kach22i View Post
    I think we can all hope for the best.

To go beyond that is a personal risk, but all your really are risking is getting your heart broke by a kit car company, not a girl.

Based on my personal experience with girls, it's gotta hurt less.
    kach, that was you best post ever - seriously.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by olpro View Post
    Although the folks at RISD were primarily students and academics, they represented the potential of getting SOME professional DESIGN input to this project. Ironically your pollyanna post appears in this particular thread, after RISD has been long pulled off this project.
    Don't be so sure RISD has been "long pulled off the project"... based on Dave's comments at the open house I'm pretty confident that they had very signifigant input to what we end up seeing as the first design... Who better that F5 has worked with to massage a full sized model?

We know the 1/4 scale models didn't translate to full size well

We know thazt the only full size design that we have seen was the in house design, I watched their in house sculpter work on it when I visited before the open house and that design was scrapped ...

Dave mentioned that they were continueing to work with RISD at the open house and was communicating with Rodney...

puts us right back at a highly flexible engineering design problem... shape, mechanicals, mfg capabilities for the no paint body...

It's easy to see why they are so damn busy and allows this forum to regurgitate on all of the options etc...

I'm just biding my time searching for the best possible donor, glad that I don't have time constraints

But what do I really know, might just have my head stuffed up my own butt!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234