BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 3.6L turbo V6 GTM possibilities???

Post Thanks / Like

3.6L turbo V6 GTM possibilities???

is it possible to use the 3.6L direct injected V6 with an aftermarket turbo in the GTM? i realize the LS motor mounts would need to be changed but would the mendeola transmission still be pheasable? if not is there a 5-speed unit that could work? i realize that the car is set up for a LS style V-8 but im going more for throttle response and low- to mid-range torque , plus the wieght savings should help a little. I'v only started researching this car and am already considering it over an EVO, however i do plan on buying the kit last and having the other parts not included in the kit ready and waiting. any help on these matters would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    its been said many times before on this and other sites.. if you can dream it you can do it. the only thing that is standing in your way is money and time. that being said the mendeola wont match up. the porch g50 will with an adapter plate. than again the g50 will work with anything provided the right adapter plate is made/used. also from what i know about the ls series motors.. they have great throttle resopnse. ive never heard anyone complain or even indacate otherwise.. its not like the 4g63 that comes in the evo. the 4g63 is a nice motor( have one in my pos eclipse) but that being said it cant even hold water next to the ls series for power/weight.. and thats in the corvette NOT the gtm which is (correct me if i am wrong) about a grand less weight wise that 'vette
    Though you may try, you cannot break me. I am all that you wish you were but will never be.
    my prebuild/idea log

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why? Seriously, why? Wait for the 818 and do it.......Steven
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the info on the transmissions, i hadn had time to research very much because work and this is the first ite iv found that i could find out on. i want to do a V6 because from personal experience iv found they rev faster than V8's and produce more than 4-CYL. in light mod. trim. dont get me wrong the LS motors aregreat but i want something just a little bit different, even if it sacrifices over all speed some.

Post Thanks / Like
    The LS only revs slower due to the MASSIVE flywheel and clutch(and extra rotating mass in the engine to some extent). Something like 50+lbs. You get a lightweight on there and it will rev like an indy engine. You "may" lose some drive-ability with a 13lb flywheel thought. :-p Look into the new Camaro v6's if you want to go that route. May not even have to change the engine mounts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't GM have a pickup and blazer with a 4.3 V6 turbo called a cyclone and don't remember the other one. That would be a kool motor. Even just a stock 4.3 wouldn't be that bad. MAJOR sacrifice would be the V8 sound
    - DREAM - STRUGGLE - VICTORY - "If you can dream it, it can be achieved." Orrin Woodward

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by terpstra View Post
    Didn't GM have a pickup and blazer with a 4.3 V6 turbo called a cyclone and don't remember the other one. That would be a kool motor. Even just a stock 4.3 wouldn't be that bad. MAJOR sacrifice would be the V8 sound
    Typhoon, IIRC.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks crash. Drove one of the pickups, other than being a rusty michigan truck it was fast.
    - DREAM - STRUGGLE - VICTORY - "If you can dream it, it can be achieved." Orrin Woodward

Post Thanks / Like
    yep gotta agree the typhoons were pretty epic, and i will research the motor mounts. so far with six lbs. of boost from twin tubos theyve gotten 425 HP out of the 3.6L. not bad for a motor that is using diesel technology and was made for saturn and pontiac LMAO!!! and actually my S10 had magnaflows with dumps and still had the rumble and everything, i didnt even believe it was a 6 when i went to buy it till i popped the hood and counted the spark plugs 3 times. may have been the exhaust, intake and cam working together but it sure did scare some people