FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  194
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do on your roadster today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What did you do on your roadster today?

Enjoyed this thread on another forum, so....
    What did you do on your car today?

I'll start, working on final gap fitting, filling pinholes, getting ready for primer.

John
    FFR 7123 tilt front, Levy 5link/wilwoods/LCA's, webers.
    SL-C, LS3 525, Mendeola SDR5,

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a big day for me. Last summer my wife and I decided to sell our house this coming spring/summer. I both designed and built the house starting 16 years ago. But............it's not finished. I'm sure some of you have heard a story like this before.

So the Roadster project came to a halt. I've been 'Slowly' working to finish up projects and have finished some of the larger ones. I've got to finish a deck in the spring but there is 3' of snow on it now. That's great because I'm now back to work on the Roadster for the next two months.

Today I'm going to get a bunch of engine parts together and get them to a local machine shop for the work that needs to be done on them. It's an '89 Mustang 302 that still measures within original specifications. So I'm hoping not too much work will need to be done to it. I'm going to match that engine up with a set of GT-40p heads off a '97 Explorer engine with a stage one Trick Flow cam and new set of Trick Flow valve springs. I'm following Bob Cowan's instructions and my research and balance the pistons and connecting rods myself.

This is also my first post here.

George

1st Mk4 to leave FFR, but not the first one finished

Post Thanks / Like
    Fixing paint chips and finally getting around to carpeting the trunk.

Also dreaming about some engine upgrades.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am finally getting everything in line to install the Vortech I have had sitting around for the last two years.
    Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

MKII 4393 Tangerine Pearl with white stripes. I try to change something every year because I believe a real hotrod is never done.

Post Thanks / Like
    I learned how to do donuts. Pretty simple really. The tough part is finding a safe place to do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Installed the IRS and started bending brake lines.

Post Thanks / Like
    This weekend I ordered Twisted Wedge Track Heat 190 heads for my car.
    Aaron

Holley 650 DP / Performer RPM Intake / Twisted Wedge Heads / 347 ci / TKO500 / 3.73 rear gears

Post Thanks / Like
    I cleaned up a set of donor pistons while my block and crank are at the machine shop
    Roadster Mk3 5294, 302 Comp XE276HR cam, AFR 185 heads, 650 Quick fuel carb, Air Gap intake, T-5 3.55 gear Levy Upper & Lower Front and Rear control arms Purch Jan 2008 Tagged Mar 2012 Best ET 12.14 @113** SOLD 4/8/18 **
    YouTube Videos: Current performance - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7c...86xO3U4l4RtVMQ Older build - http://www.youtube.com/user/joeembery#p/u My Pics:
    http://s207.photobucket.com/user/Joe...?sort=6&page=1

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing - it's sitting happily on the lift.
    FFR cobra
    RCR Superlite
    RCR 917
    04 Cobra/Z06/Diablo/bunch of other junk

Helicopter Wrench-Bender ChopperJustin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seeing as "my roadster" currently consists of an Mk4 build manual, a few aftermarket parts, and a puddle of drool on my garage floor, I do not believe I am currently allowed to participate in this thread....
    "Gravity, It's The Law"

Post Thanks / Like
    My roadster, nothing. It is covered on the other side of the garage. I worked on the Mk4 I'm building for "indy14". Specifically I began spreading & sanding Rage Gold! I'm not sure but I think this may be the first Mk4 body to be done by a "hobbyist" rather than going through a pro shop

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    NOTHING! 65° outside today and I'm sick. 102° fever and feel like crap. Hopefully I'll be better by the weekend and it's supposed to be nice then too.
    Tim.

Knowledge is good-Faber.

I'm so broke I can hardly pay attention-Me.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    just realigned the front end after doing an SAI mod and installing new front spindles and 6piston Willwoods. I drove the car around the block prior to aligning it and was all over the place. Gee I wonder why when I checked initial setting it had 3.5" toe in R had -4* camber and -6 on the L. It drives much better now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well sunday it was 64 degrees outside. Opened the garage door, warmed the roadster and took it
    for a thirty mile spin.Had a great time.This time I drove like I had some sense.Kinda like my ole man.
    Pulled it back in the garage,checked everything over and shut the door. Better half ask for me to take
    her for a ride,too late I'm headed for the recliner I replied.
    Last edited by RonnieP; 02-14-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife and I built our Roadster ten years ago spent a lot of time enjoying it then decided to move. In the heaight of the realestate boom we could not find a good deal so decided to build our house ourselves. while five years later a lot of blood sweat and tears I am finaly able to work on the roadster again. Iv'e had all new supension parts in box's for about 3 years wanted a different rear gear for longer than that have never been happy with the extended shifter and rear shifter lacation.
    So recently (the last few months) I have pulled the rear end transfered all the three link stuf to a new rear end with 3.73 gears, installed the new rear end with koni shocks, pulled the transmission and have made most of the S10 tailhousing swap.
    Yesterday I reasembled the transmission (twice It helps if you put the shoe on while you are installing the tailpiece. it is impossible to get the little spring and ball under the shoe with the tailpiece allready installed) and torqued all the rear end bolts.
    tonight nothing big just finished installing the brake lines to the rear brakes, now on the forward side of the rear axle to make better room for the shocks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Set the body on for some initial fitting so I am going out now to look over and fit some of the front aluminum and measure for my supercharger heat exchanger so I can get it ordered.

It is nice to see it with the body back on, it makes you want to spend way too much time on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sunday it was 64 degrees outside.Opened the garage door,warmed up the roadster and took it for a thirty mile spin.I drove like I had some sense this time,kinda like my ole man and had a great time.Pulled it
    back in the garage ,checked everthing over and pulled down the door.Better half ask me to take her for
    a ride,too late I'm headed for the recliner I replied.

Post Thanks / Like
    I finally installed the sun visors and wind wings. I had been nervous about possibly cracking the windshield since I had heard some had this happen. They went on with no problems and look great.
    Jim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Almost done putting the power brake booster in.
    Steve K
    FFR 3906

Post Thanks / Like
    pulled carb, got to replace intake gasket, leaking at right front
    MKlll FF#5501 427w Roller,TKO 600,Hydroboost Brakes,Heidt's Adjustable PS valve, 4 wheel cobra disc,355 gears, Moser axels,ISIS Intelligent Multiplex System ,heated seats.painted by (NCPAINTER)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I installed the newly ceramic coated sidepipes. Tomorrow some yearly bolt tightness, fluid level, and electrical checks. Wednesday it will be back to daily driver Roadster to work. The weather in S. Carolina is getting too good to keep the Roadster on the lift.
    Bobby R
    2006 MKIII Roadster
    http://www.65roadster.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Took my son to school in it and then drove it to work. Awesome weather today!
    My Saving Grace: John 3:16

FFR6687, Graduate #39 in the Class of 2009
    The Factory Five Forum March 2012 POM

Post Thanks / Like
    Car is up on jack stands 2 ft. in the air. Have pulled off the J-pipes and side pipes for another ceramic coating application - the vendor has convinced me to pull the headers (they need it) but what a PITA, thank goodness to the FFROG member that recommended to coat header bolts with anti-seize - 5 down, 11 to go.

tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Working on modifying the body buck so we can spray on the first coats of primer.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spent 3 hours cleaning after I took it out for my 1st go-kart.. Well worth it tho..

Post Thanks / Like
    Finished the hard line for the clutch and got the hard part of the rear brake line run. I hope to be back on the rear diff tomorrow after the brake lines done.

Post Thanks / Like
    What did I do on my roadster this weekend????

OOH...I was working under it this weekend and wife came home from an evening with her girlfriends.....nice skirt.......um....
    Last edited by ArcticSnake; 02-15-2011 at 11:53 AM.
    Dan

FFR 6459, Basque Red Pearl, Silver Sky Metallic, 408W, TKO-500, Power by ISIS, IRS, PS, PB, 15" Pin-Drive, Loads of Extras, Loads of Fun
    Delivered Jan 08 - Graduation May 09

Build Pictures
    http://s325.photobucket.com/albums/k...bra%20Project/

Post Thanks / Like
    Just polished the windshield post bezels. More to report tomorrow though.
    MK3.1 Base Kit non-donor
    Levy Stage 5.5 408W, Levy Super Alloy Plus T-5, Levy DA shocks, Wilwood 6/4, Levy Comp Bump Steer
    Levy Billet Front LCA's, Levy Custom headers/sidepipes, Levy narrowed rearend, SAI mod, Northracecars 17" Team III wheels.
    Build pics:
    http://s239.photobucket.com/home/03SC

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Modified the body buck for painting.
    Hope to get the slick sand sprayed on this weekend.
    body buck 006a.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    My carb arrived yesterday.
    Aaron

Holley 650 DP / Performer RPM Intake / Twisted Wedge Heads / 347 ci / TKO500 / 3.73 rear gears

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine went to the painter last night! Hope to get the go-cart back in 2 weeks to finish the wiring and interior. Maybe driving by Memorial Day?

Otis

Post Thanks / Like
    Said good bye to it as I headed off to work, but I told it we were going to spend some quality time together this weekend.
    Steve K
    FFR 3906

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a week off, so getting to all the "honey-do's" around the house and playing with the car some, hardwired in a battery tender, and getting ready to upgrade to rear coilovers on Friday

Post Thanks / Like
    Sat and had a last look. Moving from New Brunwick to Toronto. It gets to stay in the garage for a while till I get back in a couple of years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Insured, titled and licensed in Florida as of an hour ago. It was as easy as everyone said it would be. Thanks to Robinn at Midwest classics for the insurance and Evelyn at the Green Cove Springs DMV for knowing how to register a replica.
    MK3.1 Base Kit non-donor
    Levy Stage 5.5 408W, Levy Super Alloy Plus T-5, Levy DA shocks, Wilwood 6/4, Levy Comp Bump Steer
    Levy Billet Front LCA's, Levy Custom headers/sidepipes, Levy narrowed rearend, SAI mod, Northracecars 17" Team III wheels.
    Build pics:
    http://s239.photobucket.com/home/03SC

Post Thanks / Like
    Drove to the office today! It's basically my Friday before a 4 day weekend as I have tomorrow off and a holiday Monday! My manual steering shaft is scheduled to arrive tomorrow so I'll have her up on the lift and all of the donor PS lines, pump & assorted crapola gutted & will be installing a FR 20:1 true manual rack. Monday it's off to the alignment shop!

Thanks,
    Will
    FFR MK III picked up 9/24/05 Roller 9/28/05 First start & go-cart 11/28/05 red w/white stripes, PC Chassis, heat/defrost, FFR 15's, pwr footbox vents, radio delete, dual quad 427W, 4 link w/3.27's, Koni's all around, Gen 1 rag top, snapless tonneau, Herb's door panels, NRC rear discs, Breeze head rest, ********** emblems, Paint by Gino's in Rowley, MA
    2011 ffcars.com calendar Cover Car Yes, that's me in the avatar with Dave Smith in front of my roadster at the '06 FFR Open House!

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Modified '04 Mach 1 donor fuel neck (cut off last inch of expanded flange) and mated it up with the Aston LeMans gas cap assembly.
    2. Cleaned up corrosion on donor DOHC 4.6 spark plug area (moisture slipped in where the coil wires entered the cover - insufficient gasket material) and put in new spark plugs w/anti-seize compound)
    3. put 3 quarts of oil in engine, to see if FFR black pan is leak free.

It was so great to work in 55-60 degree weather, rather than the 20-30 degrees it has been for what seems like forever!

Post Thanks / Like
    Cleaned the trunk area to look new and moved the battery to the upper shelf between the harness mounts. It really opened up the trunk area to look like it has twice the room.
    FFR 4298 Mk III, 5.0, Dual Quads, 3.73 Gears, B303 cam, Pin Drive Vintage Wheels and way too much to list here!
    "It's loud, smells like gasoline, and shakes, shudders, and bucks. It makes your arms tired and your feet hot. You nearly crash about once every ten minutes. It's so damn wonderful you can’t believe it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my King Cobra clutch in the mail today. Should be getting my new TKO 600RR delivered on next Friday. Hope they put it in my storage locker, dont think the wife has the upper body strength to do it herself, and if she does....note to self, be very very nice to her.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sprayed the first coats of Slick Sand.

Slick Sand 020a.jpg

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast