Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Exedy Clutch Kit for Mendeola

Post Thanks / Like

Exedy Clutch Kit for Mendeola

I have to believe my Mendeola will arrive any day now so I guess it's time to get the flywheel and clutch kit. In another thread Mendeola listed the Exedy clutch kit (Exedy part #04173) as suitable so I've been researching it but I can't find out a whole lot about what you get and what kind of quality I'm looking at. The good thing is that Amazon has the kit for $305 which seems like a good price to me. As best as I can tell the kit comes with clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, pilot bearing, and throwout bearing. What about dowels and fasteners? Has anyone ordered this kit and if so can you tell me if alignment dowels, flywheel to crank bolts, and pressure plate to flywheel bolts come with the kit or do I need to order these parts separately?

Post Thanks / Like
    EXEDY clutch kit and flywheel package part #04173

This is a brand new genuine Exedy standard OE replacement clutch kit for Camaro Z28; SS; Corvette; Corvette Z06; Firebird Formula; Trans Am. This clutch kit contains all the necessary components to do your clutch replacement and is the perfect setup for any stock or lightly modified vehicle. Exedy Globalparts Corporation was founded in 1923 and its clutch manufacturing business and prominent brand name Daikin Clutch are known throughout the world for supplying quality powertrain products. Exedy supplies to all 11 vehicle manufacturers in Japan as well as many other vehicle manufacturers around the world. Exedy is the largest clutch manufacturer in Japan and their name stands for the highest in quality and performance.

* Our complete clutch kit and flywheel package includes: Exedy/ LuK Billet Steel Flywheel
    * Exedy/ LuK Pressure Plate
    * Exedy/ LuK Clutch Disc (11-3/4", 26 spline)
    * Release Bearing
    * Pilot Bearing
    * Alignment Tool

What motor will you be running?
    What kind of driving do you expect to be doing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendeola Transaxles View Post
    EXEDY clutch kit and flywheel package part #04173

This is a brand new genuine Exedy standard OE replacement clutch kit for Camaro Z28; SS; Corvette; Corvette Z06; Firebird Formula; Trans Am. This clutch kit contains all the necessary components to do your clutch replacement and is the perfect setup for any stock or lightly modified vehicle. Exedy Globalparts Corporation was founded in 1923 and its clutch manufacturing business and prominent brand name Daikin Clutch are known throughout the world for supplying quality powertrain products. Exedy supplies to all 11 vehicle manufacturers in Japan as well as many other vehicle manufacturers around the world. Exedy is the largest clutch manufacturer in Japan and their name stands for the highest in quality and performance.

* Our complete clutch kit and flywheel package includes: Exedy/ LuK Billet Steel Flywheel
    * Exedy/ LuK Pressure Plate
    * Exedy/ LuK Clutch Disc (11-3/4", 26 spline)
    * Release Bearing
    * Pilot Bearing
    * Alignment Tool

What motor will you be running?
    What kind of driving do you expect to be doing?
    It's an '00 LS1 with LS6 heads, cam, and intake. Street driving only.

Post Thanks / Like
    That unit should work good.
    Did the motor come with a flywheel or was it against a automatic?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendeola Transaxles View Post
    That unit should work good.
    Did the motor come with a flywheel or was it against a automatic?
    Engine came from an '00 donor and was an automatic. The information I've been able to dig up though tells me that the EXEDY kit comes with a flywheel so I should be good to go...I think. I believe I'll still have to make a run to the Chevy dealer and order fasteners and alignment pins. I guess I'll find out for sure when the EXEDY kit shows up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you end up buying this kit? If so did it include everything you needed?

Post Thanks / Like
    I did order the kit. It came with flywheel, pressure plate, clutch, throw-out bearing, pilot bearing, and alignment tool. The flywheel has the alignment dowels for the pressure plate. It looks like the only thing I need to buy are the threaded fasteners for the flywheel and pressure plate. Not bad for $305 plus shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW. That's a bargain.

I think they are about to sell quite a few of those!
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for passing along the find. I just ordered mine, says one left in stock. Now I just need to get with crash for some cvs.

Post Thanks / Like

In stock...at the moment.

I'll tell you that the 930 CVS WILL be going up in cost...from every source.

These things are getting harder to find and importers are just not getting them much any more. I used to wholesale through a distributor that bought 10,000 units at a time, but the exporter from Europe raised the price to well over $100 a piece(!) and as such my primary distributor no longer carries them. I have been using other wholesalers, but rarely can I get lots of 100 pieces these days from one source. Now I'm not saying that you won't be able to find the 930 CV in the future, but it could cost much more and I thought I would mention it.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts