Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cold Air Intake

Post Thanks / Like

Cold Air Intake

I have seen a couple of threads about Roadsters making modifications for a cold air intake. After seeing some recent post about the coupe having a particularly hot engine bay, I was wondering if there were any popular ways to put in a cold air intake in the coupe, and how much of a benefit that would bring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Might be able to do something with one of the provided scoops. As to benefit, I think the heat issue might be overstated. Yes, with a hot motor idling on a warm, windless day the temp will build up. However, at speed there is so much air turbulence under the hood that it's got to be changing out the air enough to keep the temps down. It'd be simple enough to run a thermometer with a probe to check the temps. There are other changes I can make to get a better benefit for the buck.
    Coupe #497 delivered 7/29/10. Engine in on 10/1/10. Pushcart on 10/4/10. First start on 12/01/10. First go-cart on 12/31/10. Finished and on the road as of February 2012.
    Coupe Body Buck Plans - My Spray Booth - Painting Lessons Learned
    Build site: www.bamacoupe.blogspot.com
    Lots of build photos and some observations: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53614858@N05/