Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: F/S -@@~~@~~~ Pedal Bender @~~~@~@~~

Post Thanks / Like

F/S -@@~~@~~~ Pedal Bender @~~~@~@~~

My personal pedal bender. 1 use on it. $150 shipped

Why arn't I being nice Alex and donating it to the community - well, ask yourself the condition of the other pedal benders .... oh, wait, you can't because they've all mysteriously disappeared.

You're more than welcome to buy it and donate it and hope it doesn't disappear as well though.

IF INTERESTED PM ME AS I WON'T BE CHECKING THIS POST

Last edited by efnfast; 09-10-2011 at 09:27 PM.
    FFR cobra
    RCR Superlite
    RCR 917
    04 Cobra/Z06/Diablo/bunch of other junk

Post Thanks / Like
    I take paypal - PM me if interested.

I'm not certain what's up with the attitude - I paid $$$ out of my own pocket to have it built for me after I got the community tool (and waited like 7mths for it, plus when it arrived it was badly damaged .... not certain how one can abuse a solid chunk of steel, but apparently you can), and then needed it again later on.

The only way the community concept works is if you take a deposit and have it returned to you after use; I have no desire to become a shipping hub and realize the other way it will get lost eventually because people fail to take accountability for their actions. Hence my selling it to somebody who wants it - they can either be a shipping hub, or they can let it unfortunately disappear in time.
    FFR cobra
    RCR Superlite
    RCR 917

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    $150, even in Canadian dollars that's absurd/gouging. I highly doubt you paid anywhere near that, but those RCR SLC's do have to be funded somehow, or a vette or a C0bra or a Mustang or ...........all of the above!!!
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
    I take paypal - PM me if interested.

I'm not certain what's up with the attitude - I paid $$$ out of my own pocket to have it built for me after I got the community tool (and waited like 7mths for it, plus when it arrived it was badly damaged .... not certain how one can abuse a solid chunk of steel, but apparently you can), and then needed it again later on.

The only way the community concept works is if you take a deposit and have it returned to you after use; I have no desire to become a shipping hub and realize the other way it will get lost eventually because people fail to take accountability for their actions. Hence my selling it to somebody who wants it - they can either be a shipping hub, or they can let it unfortunately disappear in time.
    Pm being sent for information.....As for attitude, just how much "free help" did you garner from these Cobra related forums over the years? You seem to discount the price others have paid so that you could prosper. That sir is where my attitude is coming from,maybe something you cannot fathom as from vast past experience, some of those "north of the US border" seem to not appreciate the value of others knowledge unless it benefits you personally,and even then you almost expect it to be handed to you on a silver platter.....Again,PM sent.......
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    Sold

Quote Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
    Pm being sent for information.....As for attitude, just how much "free help" did you garner from these Cobra related forums over the years? You seem to discount the price others have paid so that you could prosper. That sir is where my attitude is coming from,maybe something you cannot fathom as from vast past experience, some of those "north of the US border" seem to not appreciate the value of others knowledge unless it benefits you personally,and even then you almost expect it to be handed to you on a silver platter.....Again,PM sent.......
    I disagree - you're comparing knowledge to a phsyical item. I have no problem writing posts to people to try to give them ideas when they have an issue, or give advice to them if I encountered the same problem. I spent an hour writing the 5link install manual. Another on how to polish aluminum to a marr-free mirror finish. Another on how to properly wash and detail a car to prevent micro-marring. I even went out of my way to update them when I switched picture hosting servers and the old files were lost.

I don't believe it's fair to say that since people gave me advice I should just give out stuff i"ve bought out of my pocket .....if I were trying to say 'gimmie money and i'll teach you how to properly wash your car (or whatever)', sure, yea, no problem there, but I don't think ti's fair to compare knowledge to a phsyical commodity.

Quote Originally Posted by riptide motorsport View Post
    $150, even in Canadian dollars that's absurd/gouging. I highly doubt you paid anywhere near that, but those RCR SLC's do have to be funded somehow, or a vette or a C0bra or a Mustang or ...........all of the above!!!
    Some of us don't have micro-CNCs and lathes in our garage and have to pay for a machinist's time and material.

For a tool that doesn't exist readily I thought that was a fair price - if I were to be a shipping hub that's how much of a deposit I would charge. Bill is free to through it out into the wild if he wants, or to charge a deposit fee that's refunable upon return (or to the next person, etc...)

Case in point - I paid $80 for my bodybuck. Why - the person before me wanted $80 for it. And the person before him wanted $80 from it. To me it was worth it (and I kept it for future use .... so maybe $80 is a super high price for a bunch of wood, but it works for me)

I think it's a bit silly to sit there and say 'well, I'm a machinist and I'd charge X for it so you should charge Y'.

Case in point - I had 4 quick release pin bases made to secure my front and rear clips. Like this.

I paid $600 for 4. And of course I had people telling me how I got ripped off, etc.. etc..., but apparently they don't understand I don't have a CNC, a machinist will not work for free and will not design for free either.
    Last edited by efnfast; 09-11-2011 at 02:57 PM.
    FFR cobra
    RCR Superlite
    RCR 917

Post Thanks / Like
    That is an admirable attitude Bill

I will recommend you charge a deposit for any that you clone and send out, otherwise it will go the way of the dodo.

Case in point - 03/04 community puller tool lasted what, like 10trips before it was "lost" on somebody's shelf, lol.
    FFR cobra
    RCR Superlite
    RCR 917

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill, PM me your address and I'll send you a check for $50. As much as this and the other sites have helped me I can kick in.
    FFR5546 morphing into FFR7387

Garage cam: http://mk4-cobrabuild.viewnetcam.com...gle&Language=0

...master of none. CapeCoralCobra's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bill,

I'm willing to contribute to your noble cause so you don't take the whole hit. I don't need it, as I'm done with my Mk3, but I received quite a bit of help, ideas for mods, and inexpensive/free parts from fellow forum members during my build and like the idea of returning the favor. Anyone else want to help out? If not, I'll cover half the amount. I'll even be a "shipping hub" that EFN described if you feel we need one. I'm retired and have the time to deal with it. Send me your PayPal info.
    Alan, Mk 3.1 #7172, 308, GT40P heads, Crane roller rockers, TFS Stage 1 cam, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, Pro M 75mm MAF, March pulleys, Cobra spec T5, 3.73 8.8, Konis all around, 15" FFR Halibrands, Viper Red/Pure White Stripes.
    "There's nothing you can't do, only stuff you haven't done yet!" Randy Jones

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, no need to send funds, again, to me it is really not about the money, but I do appreciate the offer(s). Once I have the original and a duplicate(s) I'll make a post in the general forum(s).

Bill S.
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

...master of none. CapeCoralCobra's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent...
    Alan, Mk 3.1 #7172, 308, GT40P heads, Crane roller rockers, TFS Stage 1 cam, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, Pro M 75mm MAF, March pulleys, Cobra spec T5, 3.73 8.8, Konis all around, 15" FFR Halibrands, Viper Red/Pure White Stripes.
    "There's nothing you can't do, only stuff you haven't done yet!" Randy Jones

Post Thanks / Like
    I see some never change

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember using one of those years ago on my MK1 pedals. Pretty handy little tool and very easy to use. I forget how many there were but 4 on the East Coast I think? Back then it went pretty smooth and guys passed them around fairly quick. I had it for a week and sent it on to the next guy on the list. This had to be 6 or so years ago at least and the wait was a month or so then. There were not as many members and FFR's out there but even then I think 1 or 2 went missing. With the huge community FFR has now I'd imagine the wait is pretty steep and it goes slow. Honor system worked pretty well just pay the postage and sent it on. Good to see they are still out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I sold some left over parts from my Mk4 to help pay for other parts. I have felt guilty ever since for not giving the parts away to help another member because of the help and information I have recieved in these forums. Not sure where the etiquette lies on this topic but I am pretty sure that bashing someone is not the correct response. I gladly help when I can and I am happy to turn a wrench for a friend in need free of charge but I do not see the harm in trying to offset your losses for parts your overpaid for to begin with.

Just my thought as I am uncomfortable seeing someone getting bashed like this.