FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FS: 2003 WRX for parts car, located in Waitsfield VT, currently test driveable

Post Thanks / Like

FS: 2003 WRX for parts car, located in Waitsfield VT, currently test driveable

Long story short I have a 2003 WRX sedan. I bought it from friend who retired it, as it was not daily driver and was a challenge to pass inspection in NH.

I don't know the complete history, but I believe it was a rebuild, or re-engined at least.

Currently the car is 100% complete, I bought it as its the same black as my bugeye wrx hillclimb car, and could use a couple of random related body parts.
    As of this moment it's completely driveable for a test drive.

I'm very tempted to do my own 818 with this as I think it's a darn good donor.

I'm keeping the lights, bumpers, front fenders, hood, prodrive 17 inch wheels.
    Chassis is 197k miles and the body shows it. Though suspension and exhaust are far better than the body which doesn't make a ton of sense, and part of why I think it's a rebuild. Engine and tranny drive solid, had a check engine light for gas cap, low voltage on the knock sensor and 02 sensor. I cleaned the connection on the knock sensor, tightened the fuel cap and reset the cel, and the light has appeared to stay off, but I think it needs more miles to confirm that the o2 is still corrected.

Seats are real good. Steering wheel is very worn, but I have another to throw in if that's a deal breaker.
    Radiator locator pin is broken on upper passenger side. I do have a good spare oem radiator to include as well.
    Mileage on engine and tranny is unknown, but has had a timing belt done by the previous owner, and he suggested that it's not as old as the chassis.
    It has the newer style fuel line connections. Radiator fan connector is a newer style. So the fuel line connections, radiator electrical connection all makes me think that the driveline and electrics are not original to the chassis. It's a bit of an archeological dig.
    It is an ej205 and 5 speed manual. ECU is believed to have been tuned.

Heater blower motor seems to blow fuses, unsure why, either a mouse was living in there, nibbled the wires or some other factor is my guess. Also have another heater blower assembly to include if desired.

I'm leaving the car complete for a little while to allow someone to test drive it so they can evaluate the engine and transmission. After that I'll part it out bit by bit.
    My wife would love it if you took the whole thing, but willing to sell of parts as well.

Feel free to text me at 8o2. three71.9540 with specific photos etc. I've attached a few here if that works, and can attach more.

Best offer for it. I've got most of the value I wanted out of it. Too nice to bring to the scrap yard, and the pain of selling bit by bit on facebook and craigslist doesn't really appeal to me.
    I also have various bits and pieces from 2008 sti, 2002 wrx(a few of them) and a few older 2.5rs cars. My race car is a combo of a bug eye with 2008 sti with working canbus ecu. Save a bunch of stuff in case it didn't work the way I thought, but much of it can be moved on now.
    Thanks,
    -Seth
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sachilles; 12-30-2019 at 11:53 AM. Reason: I have the worst grammar and spelling on the planet

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    ....and sold.
    A couple of miscellaneous items left that might be useful to folks.
    I have an ECU and instrument cluster from an 02 wrx, and few other bits and pieces.