FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: rear turn signals and brake lights

Post Thanks / Like

rear turn signals and brake lights

What I'm doing is changing my tail lights on my MK3 to the older style as on the 289FIA car . I like the look of the one light verse the two tail lights . My problem is in getting the turn signal to stay flashing when the brake lights are on .. Its been 12 years since I built the car and I can't remember where I put my wiring diagrams .. Any help would be great .. Thanks Greg.

Post Thanks / Like
    Greg:
    This is well past the time that I am certain you figured this out. But for those who struggle with this issue on the "289", here is what I discovered. A trailer convertor comes with the wiring for the 289. The convertor allows one wire to function as both the turn signal and brake light. The convertor has 5 wires on one end and 4 wires on the other. The 5 wires connect to the RF harness (ground, brake, left turn signal, right turn signal, tail ), the 4 wires connect to to the tail lights, (ground, tail, one left and one right). The instructions say to install the convertor under the dash. I installed it in the rear harness where the lines split to left and right.